cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create write optimzied dso to store mat_plant MD data ?

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to extract all mat/plant data from 0mat_plant_attr datasource from ECC. I want the unique combinatiion of material and plant in the DSO to process it further from the 2nd layer.

Bascially the idea is to get a material/plant combination so that from next layer DSO it will be used for logic. The challenge is we already have mat_plant_attr data in the prod, so if we use the existing ds, we should not be able to disturb the existing flow.

I have created a wo dso with mat/plant as key and put check uniqueness of data and its getting cancelled there are many full/delta psa requests. If I try do not check uniqueness of data, its getting duplicate records.

my questions.

1) Do I need to replace this wo dso with a standard dso with mat/plant as key. ( remember we have many full/delta psa requests in prod, and we cannot delete those. But we should get the mat/plant unique combi in the dso.

2) mat_plant_attr it will be daily regular full load from ecc, so I believe we need to put the DTP as delta to get the new unuique combination of mat/plant.

3) Can we still suffice the req with wo dso to get the unique combi of values. ( remember we have many psa req in the psa).

4) Please suggest the settings in the dso, type of DSO and type of delta setting in DTP - full/delta ?

Thank You

DR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daniel Ray wrote:

my questions.

1) Do I need to replace this wo dso with a standard dso with mat/plant as key. ( remember we have many full/delta psa requests in prod, and we cannot delete those. But we should get the mat/plant unique combi in the dso.

2) mat_plant_attr it will be daily regular full load from ecc, so I believe we need to put the DTP as delta to get the new unuique combination of mat/plant.

3) Can we still suffice the req with wo dso to get the unique combi of values. ( remember we have many psa req in the psa).

4) Please suggest the settings in the dso, type of DSO and type of delta setting in DTP - full/delta ?

1) depends on 2)

2) full loads imply NOT loading into a write-optimized DSO

3) see 2)

4) if you're doing full loads from ECC, you'll need a standard DSO...if you use delta loads, you could use a write-optimized DSO

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Raf,

I did not get your answer, if you use delta loads you could use a wo DSO. We can still do a full load from the 1st layer DSO to the 2nd DSO where the DTP from the 1st DSO to the 2nd DSO will be always full load where as From ECC to the 1st DSO will be delta, as the plant/material is the key we always have a fixed set of records in the WO DSO in the 1st layer. It is possible right ? We can do delta load's from ECC to the standard DSO as well right ?

How can you confirm that we always need a standard DSO for full loads and delta loads to a WO DSO ? I dint get. Please explain. My requirement is to get a mat/plant is key to store data in the WO DSO. I can configure the load's as full/delta from ECC as per the need. Is it possible. Please advise the settings.

Thanks

DR

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, try it 😉

If you do a full load in a w/o DSO, it'll work for the first one... if you try to do another full load afterwards you'll get "duplicate entries" errors. So unless you delete the previous (full) load each time before reloading, you cannot work with them. But then... why would you even use a (w/o) DSO if you have to delete the previous load each day, you might as well load directly into the 2nd layer DSO/InfoCube then (you'll be breaking the LSA principle, but gaining time).

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

I could not fix it with WO DSO. Changed it to Standard DSO with delta load's. Even if its full load it can handle...so no worries. Issue resolved.

The main reason I wanted to use WO DSO is to make the loading faster and to keep a track of the material's....as no activation is required and its the staging layer. (1st layer).

Thanks

DR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its great to hear that Daniel as i mentioned above "Standard DSO" will fix your issue. So at-last you applied that & with standard DSO also you can keep track but as you mentioned it will be slower compared to WO DSO because it undergoes multi layers processing of data but to achieve uniqueness you have to go with Standard DSO only.

Thanks,

Aravind. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

As per your requirement you should go for "Standard DSO" because only standard DSO contains "1)Active Data Table 2) New data Table & 3) Change log table" which are used for elimination of duplication process & writed optimised DSO contains only 1)Active table .

So better go for Standard DSO & there will be no effect for full/delta upload ...

Note:- If you need detail info go through this link