cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTPS Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on File (FTPS) to Proxy Scenario. The Third party FTPS to PI connection is working fine in development region but getting the below error in PI pre-production system.

When i stop and start the PI channel it is giving the below error:

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "XXXXX:21": iaik.security.ssl.SSLCertificateException: Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier

After some time it is giving the below error:

Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "XXXXX:21": java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

I have checked with my BASIS team, they confirmed that the chain certificates are installed properly and i have checked with my FTPS server admin, they confirmed that port is working fine and firewall issue will not be occurred since both the FTPS Server and PI system are in same network.

Could you please any help on this.

Regards,

Boopathi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramasamy,

The error Peer certificate rejected by ChainVerifier signifies certificate issue. But if your basis team is saying they have installed the certificates properly on the PI server.

Then the issue might be with the certificates provided by the server team. Can you please cross check with them if there is any issue with the certificates provided.

Also, check with your basis team to telnet from PI system to the server to just make sure that there is no issue at the firewall level.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

Thanks for your reply.

The certificate at the FTPS server side is working fine as we have used the same certificate in our PI development system and it was working fine.

Regards,

Boopathi

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Boopathi,

Do you mean from dev system & pre-prod PI system, you are connecting to the same server since you are using the same certificate?

Normally server team will have different certificates for their respective environments I guess.

Ask your basis team to redeploy the certificates in the same order as suggested by server team. If this doesn't solve the issue, then the issue might be with the certificates itself. Schedule a meeting and involve basis team and the server team for the resolution. There is nothing you can do here as a technical consultant.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Boopathi,

Seems issue is with certificate only. please check with basis team about certificates.

If certificates are fine and deployed properly, then please try with Server restart. then new certificates will start work.

Regards,prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Thanks for your reply. Is PI server restart required?

We we deployed the same certificate in PI DEV system. We didn't restart the server and it was working fine. Now i am facing this issue in Pre-Prod system.

Regards,

Boopathi

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make use of XPI inspector to capture additional traces.

This tool would also download the required certificates which can be uploaded into NWA (if they are different what has already been uploaded).

Btw did you configure host name or IP address? Strict hostname check is enforced for SSL communications so add the below parameter under advanced mode and see if that helps.

strictHostnameCheckingfalse