cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading documents to xECM for Notification from UCES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement wherein the customers should be able to upload the documents from UCES (J2ee Application) to xECM (Enterprise Content Management) server against a notification. The customer should also be able to view the uploaded documents once the documents are uploaded.

We would like to know how the above requirement can be met. If anybody has any prior experience, please share the ideas or the documents.

BR,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anurag,

Don't know if it will help you but let me explained what we did.

We use SAP EP and xECM (Open Text).

In SAP ERP 6 backend we have set up QM quality notification (transaction QM01) (similar to Notification IQS1 / IQS21).

We have also set up Open text workplace for customer master data.

Within SAP EP we upload document in two ways :

• Linked to notification using standard WDA application
  • Linked to Open text workplace using standard WDJ Open text  applications

Rgds

Gilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gilles,

Thanks for providing the information.

In continuation to your response, I would like to understand how did you link the Open Text work space with your WDJ application to upload the documents physically.

Is there any custom component that was developed and you used any standard APIs to access the Content Server folders and upload the documents programmatically or did you make use of any standard interface / component given by SAP to upload the documents in the Open Text work spaces.

Please provide an insight on the  above queries.

BR,

Anurag

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anurag,

First we did configure xECM (Open Text) both in SAP ERP 6 and SAP EP.

It gives you an EP "OpenText Portal Content Management" role.

This role allows you to browse, add and search documents with dedicated standard iviews.

See hereafter screenshot (in french...) :

Then we create some application using SAP EP visual composer tool in order to mix backend functions and open text iviews.

Exemple (customer search, location list, workspace per location) :

We use an ERP ABAP open text function in order to retrieve workspace id.

This id is then passed to open text workspace iview.

This is for internal users.

For external users we did use Open text API.

Hope it helps you.

Rgds

Gilles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilles,

Thanks for providing the above information in detail.

As you've mentioned in your response that For external users, you've used Open Text API for uploading the documents to the Content Server, I would like to know this process in detail.

It will be great if you can send some documents on the approach with sample codes (if possible) to my email Id (anurag.gwari@gmail.com) so that I can build a better understanding and achieve the requirement in our project.

BR,

Anurag

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

You can find Open Text API documentation within Open Text web site.

Find hereafter some information :

Opentext library:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.opentext.ecm</groupId>

<artifactId>ot-webservices-axis2-jdk1.6</artifactId>

<version>10.2.1.0</version>

<scope>compile</scope>

</dependency>

For instance call to upload a file is done by the object ContentServiceStub, web service uploadContent.

Within SAP backend, perhaps you could have a look to function group SOI1 and function like  SO_ATTACHMENT_INSERT_API1.

Rgds

Gilles

0 Kudos

Hi Gilles,

I saw all you threads regarding migration of data to open Text xECM.

we have a requirement that we need to migrate the document and meta data from SAP DMS Content.

server to Open text Content server. we have more than 10 business objects (PO,RFQ,Material etc..)

we need to create separate folder for each business object in open text work space and then we need to transfer the corresponding document and the meta data(Approx 300GB of Documents to be migrated) .

Please let me know the steps to achieve the above requirements

Thanks,

Giridhar Dwaraka

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar,

If I understand well your need, you're looking for automatic mass document upload.

What I know is ability to mass create Open text xECM workspace from business objects.

For instance, you can use for customer (after customising set up) program /OTX/RM_WSC_CREATE_KNA1.

Concerning document mass upload I do not know if either SAP DMS or Open text have tools.

Rgds

Gilles