cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal 11 Error Code: 0x80004005

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having an error code: 0x80004005 when attempting to receive historical data.  We just upgraded From Crystal Reports 9 to Crystal Reports 11, due to technical errors.  When first trying to pull historical data, after the upgrade, the data was pulling (last week) and this week it is not pulling.

Please help me!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal 11 as in Crystal XI or Crystal 2011?  There's a big difference, so we need to be sure.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Crystal XI

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danielle

I'd like you to update your install to CR XI R2 (v. 11.5). This is a free update and here is a blog I wrote on how to do it:

http://scn.sap.com/community/crystal-reports-for-visual-studio/blog/2011/06/07/where-did-all-the-cry...

If that does not help, please let us know the database you are connecting to and the type of connection (ODBC, OLEDB, etc.).

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the blog.  After reviewing the blog, I unfortunately do not understand what to do, and do not have a code.  Can someone please call me or is there a number that I may call?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you upgraded to CR XI, you then have a keycode. Use that for the CR XI R2 update.

As for a phone call;

1) These are community forums, not support as such

2) CR XI and CR XI R2 being out of support do not qualify for phone support anymore

See the following KBA on how to possibly find your keycode in the registry:

1183985 - How to correct the registration number in Crystal Reports XI Release 1 without reinstallin...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you so much for your help!!  I found the keycode, but it has no dashes and when entering in the code it requires dashes.  How many numbers before each dash?  I have tried different ways and it is not working.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele

I really do not know.

See if sales may be able to help:

Ph: 866-681-3435 or 1-800-677-7271

Worldwide Office Locations | SAP

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I upgraded our Crystal reports xi to the Crystal Reports xi release 2, following the directions in the blog.  The error code is still occurring.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Re-reading this thread, I wonder about this statement:

I unfortunately do not understand what to do, and do not have a code.

Are you getting the error when running the report in the CR designer, or some 3rd party app that uses one of the CR SDKs?

- Ludek