cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.1 NW Embedded: Issue with transport of EPM Workbooks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are working on SAP BPC 10.1 NW Embedded and we have created following objects in DEV system:

• Environment
  • Models
  • EPM Workbooks

We tried to transport these objects to the QA system using the standard procedure:

1. Start the t-code RSA1 -> "Transport Connection" tab -> "Planning" folder
  2. Insert into a TR the objects using the corresponding tlogo (in the screenshot below) and execute the transport with the options "Start Manual Collection" (Collection Mode button) and "Data Flow Afterwards" (Grouping button)

The TR has been successfully transported but when we connect to the our models in QA system we have no workbooks:

Could you help me to understand the correct transport procedure?

Thank you in advance,

Daniele

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the problem is solved.

I transported successfully the workbooks using the options "Data Flow Afterwards" (Grouping Button) and "Collect Automatically" (Collection Mode button) in the "Transport Connection" tab.

Thanks for your support,

Best Regards,

Daniele

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member223971
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele

It must also carry the aggregation levels.

The reports are created on the aggregation levels.

Best Regards,

Juan Pablo Chaparro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan Pablo,

I also transported the Aggregation Level but the workbooks are still missing.

Thank you,

Daniele

former_member223971
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele

Since embedded SAP BPC has new metadata objects like embedded environments and embedded models and so forth, five new TLOGO objects are available to you (and highlighted in Figure 13.35):

•   BPC BPF

Transports BPFs

•   BPC Embedded Environment

Transports environments, models, teams, BPFs, and workspace objects

•   BPC Embedded Model

Transports models and the associated InfoProviders if desired

•   BPC Team

Transports teams and also the user assignments

•   BPC Workspace

Transports web reports/input forms, EPM reports/input forms as well as any

custom folders

To see these in SAP BW, just go to Transaction RSA1 and choose Transport Connection in the left-hand window.

If you need to transport an environment, for example, open the BPC Embedded Environment folder and search for the environment you need to transport. Transfer it into Collected Objects and set the grouping to Objects Afterwards. Figure 13.36 shows the expanded groups so you can see the related objects.

Like we mentioned before, embedded SAP BPC transports are granular in nature just like the standard version. As an example, in Figure 13.36 you can see that only the Price Planning model is selected; and Price25 and Sales and Price Planning are not. Since InfoCube and InfoObject appear under the Price Planning model in Figure 13.36, the InfoCube and InfoObjects will be transported with the model.

Regards!!

Juan Pablo Chaparro

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele

Are the teams and DMPs visible? Do you have required authorization in your quality system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan Pablo,

I also executed the procedure  you have described but it didn't work.

Regards,

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

I have all the required authorizations in QA system.

I'm working on Embedded version therefore I have no DM.

Regards,

Daniele

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele

We have faced similar issue for BEx workbooks but I am not sure if that will be applicable here. In BW, you have to transport the role and the role contains the workbooks. Once that role is transported, you will be able to see the workbooks.

You can try and see if it works.

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele

Could you see your workbooks in the tree when you select the objects and drag them to the transport screen? Kindly open all the nodes and see if those exist there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

I don't see any workbook in the tree.

When I drag the models to the trasport screen I see only the model selected:

The same happens when I drag all my objects.

Thank you,

Daniele

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele

Please try using option "Only Necessary Objects" in the transport screen and send a screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

I also tried with the option "Only Necessary Objects" but I see the same object list:

Thank you,

Daniele