Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, i would like to hear your suggestions about the followin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take 2: i have to transfer stock for multiple materials with stock in multiple bins from one warehousenr to another. i encounter some issues with current settings in movementtypes. What approach is best? - start from WM or start from IM? Would it be wise to start with MB1B movementtype 311 (or 313/315)? I've tried  this for 1 pcs of 1 materials and the IM booking works fine only it  automatically creates a TO from a bin to 921 TRANSFER (according to 311 settings) however as i've said i have multiple bins per material and only a few bins have to be selected. Case: Warehouse A01 storage location 0001 Warehouse B01 storage location 0002 Stock of material 12345 is stored storloc 0001 in bins AAAA 10 pcs, BBBB 10 pcs, CCCC 15 pcs. Stock of material 12345 bin BBBB has to be transferred to storloc 0002 bin ZZZZ. (i have to transfer a lot of stock like this via lsmw!!!) Now when I perform a 311 (or 313/315) movement via MB1B for 10 pcs this works fine, a TO is created for 10 pcs as well (from bin to 921 TRANSFER), only the issue is that it is being picked from AAAA instead of BBBB. How can this be solved? I can't figure out whats the best approach. Auto TO or not? How to select source bins? FIrst IM then WM booking? I would like to hear your opinions? THANKS

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LSMW is not really a tool for a standard business process, its purpose is data migration.

Picking/putaway strategies and data migration does not really fit together as well.

You are simply loading stock as is in the warehouse, a strategy might want to place it (or pick it)   somewhere else. For this reason  you usually use movement types that are customized to not create TRs and TOs automatically. Instead you would manually (or later with LSMW) create a TO where you define yourself from where goods are removed e.g. using movement type 999 to move the stock from the bins to the interim storage type in the issuing location and the other way around in the receiving location.

I would say create a new MM movement (copy of 311), setup new WM movement types and interface which does not create TRs and TOs automatically. Then it does not really matter if you start from IM or WM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Juergen, that sounds good. Still one question: when i setup like you mention then the 311 IM move will result in a issue from storloc 0001 and a receipt in 0002. The WM stock in 0001 has been booked from bins to 921 TRANSFER by LSMW. But what about the WM booking in 0002 (located in warehouse B01) the 311 has not booked stock in 921 TRANSFER in 0002 from where i can book it to the bins in 0002. I should setup a movementtype with source storagetype 921 bin TRANSFER i suppose..... Am i correct? Like to hear from you. Cheers

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Each warehouse is independent of the other, each warehouse has to be customized separately to support the business process, If the 311 did not create any stock in the receiving warehouse then I have to assume that your receiving storage location is not even assigned to the warehouse.