Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign regions created in portal to end users in R/3

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to achieve region based home page in NW 7.31 portal.

As per the blog I have enabled regionalization in portal and created regions. Using webpage composer, I have created region based home pages as well. From portal, using personalize option -> Regional settings, I assigned region to end user.

In SU01, when I check this portal user id, I am unable to see this value set.

In our case, We do have abap data source and create portal users from R/3 using a custom code.

Any idea how to set the value of region for end users from backend so that we can achieve region based home page in portal.

Regards,

Navya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Navya,

My understanding is that region personalisation is specific to SAP EP.

That is way you don't see it in the backend (via SU01).

Perhaps user parameters in the backend could be used to handle it and then you would need to map it to SAP EP UME.

Rgds

Gilles

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which parameter can be used to set in backend so that we can use that value to achieve region based home page in portal.

Regards,

Navya

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using SU01 transaction, you have a tab named parameters.

Either there is an existing standard parameter for region, either you can create your own parameter (Zxxx).

See screen shot :

Perhaps then something could be done with UME set up to handle the mapping between backend and EP. Otherwise I'm afraid some development needs to be done in SAP EP.

Perhaps you could also think about using SAP EP roles / group (one per region for instance) and combine this with WPC.

Rgds

Gilles

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as said, that piece probably is portal only. abap system has no play in this game.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please tell me exactly the parameter name when we set will set the region value visible in portal.

For one of the user, I changed the value for regional setting from this screen but when i tried to check the same value in User administration role it wasn't visible as shown below.

Regards,

Navya

JUNG
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

I'm not aware about a region parameter that would be managed in the backend and replicated to SAP EP UME.

In order to see the region parameter in EP user administration you need to change UME settings (System Administration / System Configuration / UME Configuration, Open Expert Mode.

Perhaps you could have a look to SAP help "customizing a UME data source configuration / Example : attribute mapping for custom attributes".

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/44/7d188751626fb5e10000000a155369/content.htm

Rgds

Gilles

Answers (0)