cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to start ESP cockpit, looking for help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. I have just done a clean install of ESP 5.1 SP10 on Linux x64. I followed the instructions on the installation guide and everything seems to be going okay. Started up the cluster DB fine, started up the node without errors, but when I try to start up the ESP Cockpit, I get the following error.

Failed to start agent: Failed to start RepositoryService. Failed to start Repository Service: Failed to open Repository: while trying to invoke the method com.sybase.ua.util.VersionNumber.compareTo(com.sybase.ua.util.VersionNumber) of a null object loaded from a local variable at slot 4 java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to open Repository: while trying to invoke the method com.sybase.ua.util.VersionNumber.compareTo(com.sybase.ua.util.VersionNumber) of a null object loaded from a local variable at slot 4 com.sybase.ua.service.AgentServiceException: Failed to start Repository Service: Failed to open Repository: while trying to invoke the method com.sybase.ua.util.VersionNumber.compareTo(com.sybase.ua.util.VersionNumber) of a null object loaded from a local variable at slot 4 java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to open Repository: while trying to invoke the method com.sybase.ua.util.VersionNumber.compareTo(com.sybase.ua.util.VersionNumber) of a null object loaded from a local variable at slot 4

I can't seem to find any information online that helps. Has anyone seen this or have any idea how to resolve this? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turns out that somehow the repository database for the cockpit got corrupted during installation. Removing the repository and log files did the trick. I just moved them with a .bak extension just in case, but it should be fine. The two files are repository.log and repository.db. Starting the cockpit afterwards re-creates the repository database when it can't find it, and all went well.

Answers (0)