cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalDecisions Version=12.0.2000 Cannot find the file specified

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am developing with VS.NET 2015.  I downloaded crystal reports for .NET 2015 from this site and installed it (crforVS_13_0_14.exe).  I am attempting to work on my project but I cannot build my application.  I am receiving the below errors.

Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified

It is related to aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319\crystalreportviewers13\preview.aspx.

Any idea how to resolve this issue?  Why am I receiving this error?  I do not have this control selected nor do I see this as a selection in the references I only see version 13.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.  VS 2015 is not yet supported by CR for VS.  VS 2015 support is planned for SP15 which is due out sometime in September.

2.  Your project is still referencing Crystal 2008 assemblies.  You need to uninstall ALL versions of the SDK that you have installed.  Then reinstall Crystal for VS.

3.  In your project, you need to delete the Crystal SDK references and then  and then re-add the version 13 version.  I would then do a "Find in Files" for "12.0.2000.0" in your project to find these other references, which are probably in a configuration file somewhere, and delete or update them.

-Dell

Answers (0)