cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to proxy synchronous scenario. PDF file from FTP needs to be converted to binary string & response proxy has to return it to SOAP.

0 Kudos

Flow s webservice calls PI with Document ID, PI sends the document ID to SAP via proxy. Proxy generates smartform converts to pdf file & puts it in ftp server. Pi picks the file converts it into base64/binary pass it to webservice in a single string to webservice. Receiving webservice has a capability of converting the binary file to PDF. In other scenario I need to send excel files(xls & xlxs) in binary format to webservice.

While sending back the data to webservice, just 1 field is for sending binary files, additional fields carry other data.

So the source & target structure is as below:

Webservice Request : Document ID.

Webservice Response : Document ID, Document Details, Partner ID, Status, File (as binary)

This is already in prod, webservice would not make any change from their end. SAP is replaced with current middle-ware, so all the change is done in SAP & PI.

I'm working on Sync-Async bridge.

Like SOAP outbound sync<-> Proxy Inbound sync with(requestresponsebean)

Flow Request -> (Webservice requests document ID, Proxy generates pdf & saves to FTP).

In soap XI channel I will use requestBean to input document ID & responseBean to get the pdf file convert the pdf to binary response mapping(I'm not sure yet how to do the conversion from pdf to binary but visualized this approach) & pass it to webservice as a string.

I'm really confused with the starting point as how I would call the file with the same name.

& parameters to use to convert the file into binary & send it along with other fields.

Kindly help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Harry,

You can try sending the PDF file as attachment, by using the "Keep Attachments" check box in the SOAP channel.

Regards,

Nitin