cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supply Plan Algorithm Execution Error

Former Member

Hi,

I was trying to execute supply plan heuristics algorithm, on a custom scenario when the system returned the following issues:

1) Invalid production source for location CWH2, product PRD01: the source ID PL01_PRD01 is already used for another location CWH1 and product %5

2) Invalid production source for location CWH2, product PRD01: the source ID PL01_PRD01 is already used for another location CWH1 and product %5

All the related MDTs and and KFs has been successfully uploaded into the system.

The scenario to be implemented is:

CWH1 and CWH2 are Warehouses fed by Plants PL01 and PL02.

PRD01 is the Finished Product.

Excerpt from MDT SourceProduction is depicted in  the attached screenshot:

The system executes well when all the CWH are sourced from a single plant but throws errors (mentioned above) when more than one plants are used to source more than one Warehouse or DCs. Unable to solve this problem.

Need some help,

Regards,

Saabitri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Saabitri,

Your production source master data looks ambiguous. If you want finished goods PRD01 to be produced at plants PL01 and PL02 then you should not define locations CWH1 and CWH2 in source production master data.

I assume you are using single level BOM and you want to ship finished product PRD01 from both plants to both DCs depending on your transport ratio which you have defined in location source master data. In this case production of finished product PRD01 should occur at plants PL01 and PL02 using single source ID and your master data should look like-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

I have rectified and implemented it, but that has led me to the following issue:

1) Production source item for source ID Supplier101_Component201 and component PRD01 was not processed: Invalid source ID key (Error code 6)

2)Production source item for source ID Supplier102_Component202 and component PRD01 was not processed: Invalid source ID key (Error code 6)

In my scenario,

Supplier101 and Supplier102 are two suppliers providing Component201 and Component202 respectively to both the Plant PL01 and PL02 which in turn produces the finished product PRD01 with the said components.

Could you please help me in this?

Regards,

Saabitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saabitri,

Can you check your production Source item master data. It should have Source ID and component ID linked together with component coefficient.

Eg- PL01_PRD01--------Component201

PL01_PRD01--------Component202

and similarly for other source ID PL02_PRD01.

Also these components should be maintained in Production source master data with source type U and output coefficient 1.

Eg- Supplier101------Component201--------U

Supplier102------Component202--------U

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Are you mentioning something like the following?

What is SourceItmID in ProductionSourceItm?

Regards,

Saabitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saabitri,

SourceItmID should be 10 for Component201 and 20 for Component202. You also need to define Component coefficient in Production source Item to determine how much component will be consumed per source ID. This will propagate demand on components as well. Also there should be no Pratio for source type U.

Rest all looks correct.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit,

Could you please clarify

1) Why 10 and 20 be used as sourceItmID?

2) What does these signify? Is it mandatory to provide numbers as SourceItmID?

3) What is the utility of this attribute SourceItmID?

Regards,

Saabitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

SourceItmID signifies different items/components used in production of a finished product. This establishes a relation between final product and its components. If you have a component and a sub assembly(which itself is a final product) and both are used in production of product PRD01 and they can have same sourceitemID.

However if you have multiple components used in production of a final product then they are assigned different IDs which is usually numeric and in sequence.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit, for clarifying these confusion. These will definitely help me to carry out the procedure with enhanced confidence.

Regards,

Saabitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohit one last question, Can you please tell what is MDT ResourceLocationProduct used for?

Regards,

Saabitri

0 Kudos

That is used to model the capa consumption of a handling resource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Vivek.

Regards,

Saabitri

Answers (0)