cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Running JAVA App After Upgrading to SBOP BI 4.1 SP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an JAVA application that I developed under SBOP BI 4.1 SP2 that works great.

Running the same project on SBOP BI 4.1 SP5, I can successfully create a session, successfully retrieve a universe from a remote repository but when I try to localservice.load(localpath) the retrieved local universe/businesslayer, I get the following exception:

com.businessobjects.dsl.services.workspace.impl.WorkspaceException: service com.businessobjects.mds.services.platform.PlatformService not found

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.dataprovider.impl.AbstractDataProviderWithUniverse.createDataSource(AbstractDataProviderWithUniverse.java:485)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.dataprovider.impl.QuerySpecDataProvider.createInitialDataSource(QuerySpecDataProvider.java:612)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.dataprovider.impl.QuerySpecDataProvider.finalizeCreation(QuerySpecDataProvider.java:901)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.workspace.impl.AbstractBuiltInDataProviderBuilder.buildDataProvider(AbstractBuiltInDataProviderBuilder.java:36)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.dataprovider.impl.DataProviderFactory.createDataProviderWithUniverse(DataProviderFactory.java:190)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.dataprovider.impl.DataProviderFactory.createDataProviderWithUniverse(DataProviderFactory.java:88)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.lov.impl.AbstractDPLovProvider.createDataProvider(AbstractDPLovProvider.java:164)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.lov.impl.QuerySpecLovProvider.createQuerySpecLovProvider(QuerySpecLovProvider.java:113)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.lov.builder.impl.QuerySpecLovProviderBuilder.buildLovProvider(QuerySpecLovProviderBuilder.java:16)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.lov.impl.LovProviderFactory.createLovProviderfromLov(LovProviderFactory.java:237)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.lov.impl.LovProviderFactory.createLovProvider(LovProviderFactory.java:55)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.authoring.businesslayer.internal.services.MdsSdkLovPromptConverter.getLovProvider(MdsSdkLovPromptConverter.java:685)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.authoring.businesslayer.internal.services.MdsSdkLovPromptConverter.convertLovs(MdsSdkLovPromptConverter.java:172)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.authoring.businesslayer.internal.services.MdsToSdkBusinessLayerConverter.createSdkModel(MdsToSdkBusinessLayerConverter.java:198)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.authoring.businesslayer.internal.services.BusinessLayerModelToModel.createSdkModel(BusinessLayerModelToModel.java:31)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.authoring.local.internal.services.LocalResourceServiceImpl.createSdkBusinessLayer(LocalResourceServiceImpl.java:191)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.authoring.local.internal.services.LocalResourceServiceImpl.loadInternal(LocalResourceServiceImpl.java:170)

at com.sap.sl.sdk.authoring.local.internal.services.LocalResourceServiceImpl.load(LocalResourceServiceImpl.java:131)

at BoeSlSdkWrapper.openUniverse(BoeSlSdkWrapper.java:140)

at UniverseTool.main(UniverseTool.java:36)

Caused by: com.sap.tools.commons.exception.NestedException: service com.businessobjects.mds.services.platform.PlatformService not found

at com.sap.tools.commons.exception.NestedException.create(Unknown Source)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.relational.CsService.createPropertyMap(CsService.java:538)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.relational.CsService.addCredentialInfo(CsService.java:494)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.solver.AbstractConnectionSolver.addCredentialInfo(AbstractConnectionSolver.java:235)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.solver.AbstractConnectionSolver.solve(AbstractConnectionSolver.java:136)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.solver.AbstractConnectionSolver.solveRelational(AbstractConnectionSolver.java:151)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.solver.AbstractConnectionSolver.solveRelational(AbstractConnectionSolver.java:147)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.solver.AbstractConnectionSolver.solveRelational(AbstractConnectionSolver.java:143)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.helpers.DataFoundationHelper.getConnection(DataFoundationHelper.java:910)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.helpers.DataFoundationHelper.isErpDataFoundation(DataFoundationHelper.java:2949)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.helpers.UniverseHelper.isErpUniverse(UniverseHelper.java:1562)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.datasource.DataSourceFactory.createQueryCapability(DataSourceFactory.java:290)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.datasource.DataSourceFactory.fillQueryCapability(DataSourceFactory.java:979)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.datasource.DataSourceFactory.getDataSource(DataSourceFactory.java:843)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.dataprovider.impl.AbstractDataProviderWithUniverse.createDataSourceFromUniverse(AbstractDataProviderWithUniverse.java:620)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.dataprovider.impl.AbstractDataProviderWithUniverse.retrieveDataSource(AbstractDataProviderWithUniverse.java:590)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.dataprovider.impl.AbstractDataProviderWithUniverse.buildDataSource(AbstractDataProviderWithUniverse.java:496)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.services.dataprovider.impl.AbstractDataProviderWithUniverse.createDataSource(AbstractDataProviderWithUniverse.java:480)

... 19 more

Caused by: com.businessobjects.dsl.framework.service.ServiceNotFoundException: service com.businessobjects.mds.services.platform.PlatformService not found

at com.businessobjects.dsl.framework.internal.service.DefaultManagedServiceLocator.locateService(DefaultManagedServiceLocator.java:46)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.framework.session.AbstractSession.getService(AbstractSession.java:610)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.relational.CsService.fillPropertySetForDatabaseMapping(CsService.java:565)

at com.businessobjects.mds.services.relational.CsService.createPropertyMap(CsService.java:535)

... 35 more

Caused by: com.businessobjects.dsl.framework.service.registry.ServiceNotRegisteredException: service connectionMode=*;scheme=cms;type=com.businessobjects.mds.services.platform.PlatformService is not registered.

at com.businessobjects.dsl.framework.internal.service.registry.DefaultServiceRegistry.findService(DefaultServiceRegistry.java:108)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.framework.internal.service.DefaultManagedServiceLocator.findServiceDescriptor(DefaultManagedServiceLocator.java:108)

at com.businessobjects.dsl.framework.internal.service.DefaultManagedServiceLocator.locateService(DefaultManagedServiceLocator.java:44)

... 38 more

I haven't been able to find any references to this service that is apparently not registered.

I have uninstalled and re-installed SBOP BI 4.1 SP5 CLIENT multiple times, and tried an upgrade versus a full install - in all cases, the problem remains the same.  I have also checked the supplied sample code to see if there are any other classes that need to be instantiated using SP6, but everything looks the same.

Now, when I simply point the same project to a standalone copy of the SBOP BI 4.1 SP2 jars and connection directory, the project runs perfectly fine against the SBOP BI SP5 server.

So this leads me to think that there is an issue with the SL SDK in SP5.  Is there some new undocumented service that needs to be deployed for the SL SDK SP5?

Is anyone else encountering similar issues with SBOP BI SP5?

Does anyone have ideas on what the problem may be?

Note: I'm currently downloading SP6 to see if it behaves any differently.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is in SBOP BI 4.1 SP5.

I downloaded SBOP BI 4.1 SP6, uninstalled SP5, installed SP6 and my application works fine now.

Since we just upgraded to SP5 and we have completed upgrade testing, I'll have to see if there is a patch available.  I can't simply upgrade to SP6.

Answers (0)