cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing Release (CK24) error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I have opened Aug15 using MMPV on 31st July.

After that when costing team try to run costing for a product on 31072015, it was giving error during release of the same (CK24)

ERROR:Company code xxxx : period closing has not yet taken place

I wanted to know one thing if i opened MM Period (aug15-period 5) on 31st July,15, will SAP allow run the costing for July since System date is still July (31072015). if YES, then why i got the above error.

Also would like to know that is there any harm/disadvantage in opening future MM period on previous day of the next month (as this case)

Pl advice

Thanks

Venu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read the KBA document 2175035 - Error CK763 issued in T-cd CK24 ,it explains the system standard behavior.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venugopal,

Check the periods open for the co.code in OMSY. As Mr.Kamal advised, the MM period should be open after 12 PM on month end. However if open the future period early, then you cannot process the transaction for previous month of last month i.e. Jun month, if you want to do any adjustment.

Regards,

Mukthar

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

MM system logically should be opened after 12 PM of last day of month/period. If you open before that it will not consider the current month as open.

System will not allow to run costing on last day of month for the same period.

Kamal