Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWO FILES FROM TWO DIFF SYS MERGE IN TO SINGLE IDOC IN ECC SYS

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on a scenario where one file is ftpserver1 which contains header data and second file is in ftpserver2 this two files should merge into single idoc INVOIC.INVOIC02

I thought of using Integration process and used the BPM Pattern of collect files

1) But how IP understands idoc as it understands only abstract interface. Is it necessary to create abstract service interface for idoc??? i tried that to still it throwing the error.

I followed this link as well   BPM Abstract Interface for IDOC? | SCN  but it couldn't helps me

i tried of creating message mapping to inbound service interface to abstract interface thought it is not working

it is throwing error while trying to activate integration process ..

please share if you have links or docs for this kind of secenario i.e two files merging into one idoc..i searched SDN but i couldn't found any docs related to abstract interface for receiver idoc

or else tell me exact steps for this in 1) ESR  2) ID

How can i resolve this ??..your early answers appreciated with points

Please help me out as it is hitting heads....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking into the error it look like there is some problem i  your receiver abstract interface definition or in the definition of container you are using in send step.

Thanks,

Apu das

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Apu there is miss alignment of Common fields in both the files in xpath of IP.

It resolved now.

Regards

Pavan D

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Nice to hear that your problem is solved,

Thanks,

Apu

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Are you using ccBPM or NW BPM? Going for BPM is not suggested unless it is un-avoidable situation. In NW BPM we have

For your scenario, we can try using Multi-mapping, by having two source messages mapped to the single Invoice IDoc in the Message mapping?

One source message will have the MT of first file and second source message will have MT of 2nd file.

If you still want to go for the BPM approach, for the error you are facing you need to create Abstract interface consisting of Invoice IDoc structure and then use a transformation step to map the Abstract interface of IDoc with the Invoice IDoc and the use the send step to post the IDoc to the ECC system.

Regards,

Nitin

PavanKumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thank you for your response

facing error here

I have created abstract interface for idoc and mapped abstract idoc interface with standard idoc

but not able to see this one in transformation step as this step only picks up only OM Of abstract interfaces

so i have given here consolidate mapping of 2files in one sender which are abstract to receiver idoc abstract interface is that right???

if so what i have to mention in receiver determination to idoc...? is standard idoc??

in sxmb_moni it is throwing error

can you please clarify regarding this..