cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move data from YTD to Periodic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

We are on EPM 10 SP11. We have a consolidations Model with storage type YTD and we need to move data for some accounts from this Model to another model and that model storage type is Periodic. I would like to know how can we move the data from YTD to Periodic. In the script logic when I give XDIM_MEMBERSET MEASURES=PERIODIC, it is giving issue with storage type has to be YTD.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try the below code :

*REC(EXPRESSION=[MEASURES].[PERIODIC])

Thanks

Rakesh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know DESTINATION_APP looks at source and target Model types. I.e. when it moves data from Periodic to YTD it does that calculation automagically. You can check if it does that in the opposite direction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the valuable replies and I am very sorry for the delay in my response.

I tried to get it done Using Script Logic and currently that is working and We are als0 thinking about using BADI for this requirement.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

The "*REC(EXPRESSION=[MEASURES].[PERIODIC])" is very slow, try my code instead of BADI.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vadim,

I noticed perfomrnace issues with "*REC(EXPRESSION=[MEASURES].[PERIODIC])" and also when YTD is zero,Periodic is not pushing the Negative value and indeed it also pushing zero value.

And so I changed my logic to do current month- last month and that fixed the issue instead of using Measures logic.

former_member650186
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Vadim

My Consolidation Model is in YTD.

I have developed a Badi for posting the YTD values of Eliminationation entries in Consolidation Model from BPC to ECC, by calling the values into Internal Table in Badi to post them through Functional Module in ECC, by using my Badi through UJ_CUSTOM_LOGIC, successfully.

But I want to post these YTD values as PERIODIC into ECC for all my monthly posted Elimination Entries.

Please suggest me the appropriate code if possible, either to write in script logic or Badi.

Thanks in Advance

Raghu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First - please open a new discussion!

Second:

"I have developed a Badi for posting the YTD values of Eliminationation entries in Consolidation Model from BPC to ECC, by calling the values into Internal Table in Badi to post them through Functional Module in ECC, by using my Badi through UJ_CUSTOM_LOGIC, successfully." - unable to understand the idea!

And requirements are not clear!

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YTD -> PERIODIC?

Easy!

Let's assume you want to move single month containing in %TIME_SET%

Then:

//%TIME_SET%=2015.07

*DESTINATION_APP=SOMETHING_PERIODIC

*XDIM_MEMBERSET TIME=%TIME_SET%,TMVL(-1,%TIME_SET%) //2015.07,2015.06

*WHEN TIME

*IS %TIME_SET% //%TIME_SET%=2015.07

*REC(EXPRESSION=%VALUE%) //add current month

*ELSE //TMVL(-1,%TIME_SET%) = 2015.06

*REC(EXPRESSION=-%VALUE%,TIME=%TIME_SET%) //subtract prev month

*ENDWHEN

Vadim

P.S. *FOR/*NEXT for multiple months in %TIME_SET%

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan

Are you send the data from consolidation ytd model to any periodic finance model then you change your scoping command from periodic to ytd .XDIM_MEMBERSET MEASURES = YTD. Can you share your full script it easily understood your problem?

Thanks

Khokan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

you can achieve this by Implementing a UJ_CUSTOM_LOGIC Badi. For this you need abap consultant who can write a abap code for u.

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You can custom logic BADI to calculate from YTD to periodic. you need someone knows abap.

Andy