Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return packaging process with BOM

former_member556811
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We need to sell material A01 with packaging A02. customer must send back packaging and only material A01 will be billed.

Please need your help.

- I create material A01 ( material type HAWA), item category group (NORM)

- I create material A02 (material type LEIH), item category group (LEIH)

- I create material A03 (material type FERT), item category group (LUMF)

- I create BOM, A03 at header level.

When creating sales order of material A03, system exploded BOM and ask price condition for material A01 and A02.

I need to enter only price condition for material A01 because A02 is returnable packaging.

Please help me to achieve this.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raoul,

I do understand its a very late reply and by now you would have achieved this requirement. but i am just trying to see if you have achieved the same way as i have.

What we need to do is setting in Item category determination.

With LUMF the default ItmCat is TAP and the sub items have TAN. Its this TAN that makes it required for pricing as TAN is relevant for pricing.

What we have to do is that we set up determination as

OR + LEIH+TAP---> TAN (Default) and TAL (Manual).

If we don't have this determination in place, then system says "cant explode the BOM" as for BOM TAN is maintained as

OR+LUMF+TAP---> TAN and it interferes with the explosion.

Once we are in the order and the BOM explodes with TAP for the main item and TAN for the sub-items, we can manually change the Item category of the returnable item to TAL and it wont ask for the price. The other sub-item retains TAN and can be priced.

Then, later on, the returnable item can be invoiced using order type LN, Item Cat LNN, if not returned.

SAP.

Answers (0)