We have equipment that needs to have two separate frequencies that is mutually
exclusive; one frequency for Summer and a different frequency for Winter. The
maintenance plan needs to create quarterly (every three months) PMs during
Summer and bi-monthly (every two months) during Winter. If Summer is from June
- November, how can the maintenance plan be set up to perform as expected? Is
there a way to set up a 'Hierarchy' strategy (301) with one maintenance item so
that the maintenance plan can do the above automaticallly? Can 'offset' be used
to achieve this?

Any feedback will be highly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey there,

Here's the link to the document I believe Sunil is referring to.

Good luck mate.

Cheers,

Khayyam

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

preetirai1984
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shweta,

I would suggest posting a fresh question in place of using this old one. In a new question, u can tag this old question/answer.

You can put a start date like that system to create a work order in summer. Like frequency is 12 months and the start date is 01/05/2022 where scheduling parameter has "time-Key date" set to get work order always on day date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I have done is create a strategy plan and attached a task list with two operations, 26 week and 52 week packages assigned. works seamlessly. Harold

shwetagupta733
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello

Could you let us know how you did that with strategies because I have a similar requirement where the maintenance is cleaning on ACs but they do not want that in winter season. How can I achieve that? If anyone can help me?

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sajeev,

You could also consider developing a solution which would allow you the have a single plan, but vary the frequencies to your own customer-specific logic.

Optimizing the Scheduling - Maintenance Planning (CS-AG/PM-PRM-MP) - SAP Library

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Pete's suggestion is probably the best solution, but if you want to try and avoid having to maintain custom code, you could look at the Cycle Modification Factor field on the maintenance plan (on the "scheduling parameters" tab). You can use the mass change transaction MCH01 to modify this value twice a year for a group of plans, for example.

Paul

former_member505288
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul!

This definitely helps with the options......still a 'manual' aspect to it but will definitely consider this!

Appreciate the feedback!

Regards,

Sajeev

former_member505288
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you Jogeswara Rao, Tim Cheah, Sunil and Khayyam! Appreciate the quick response!

The logic definitely makes sense when using different Factory Calendars. The challenge is to get the Governance approval to create additional Factory Calendars.

Thank you again!

Regards,

Sajeev

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Menoth,

If the client is ok to deactivate the status of maintenance plan for this type of specific plans or restart the plan during specific season. Below option is possible without factory calendar

You can create two plans (strategy or single), start date should be specific to the season start (June to November and December to May)

Enter the scheduling period as 6 months. This will schedule only plans for the next six months.

Regards

Terence

former_member505288
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Terence!

This option was the 'default' one that was considered. But this process becomes high-maintenance because the user has to create a master data change request (to activate/deactivate) every 6 months! We would like to automate the process, if possible.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Sajeev

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Menoth,

Have you tried searching this topic" *seasonal Preventive*." in the same space, some months back someone has posted a nice document about this, I am not able recall exact things.

but it is similar situation.

Rgds

Sunil

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Menoth,

Looks like finally we might have to settle for 2 single cycle plans plans based on 2 different Factory calendars (Summer and Winter). Wait for replies from experts in this subject for complex scheduling indicators based on strategies.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao