cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension Overide in Page Axis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to override  a member which is page axis based on other dimension which is also in page axis.

I can directly  change the EPMOlapmemberO  formula by referencing the member which is maintained as property in my selection dimension.

But I would like to use the any other EPM function.  I tried Dimension override formula, but it seems it works only on column and page axis.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is no standard function to override apage axis.

You can use VBA or cell reference depending on requirement.

Shrikant

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S.

Refer below link as workaround

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used cell reference, but there is a problem in it..

What I did, in  selection both the dimension in page axis. I kept the second dimension as property in first dimension.

At top I populated the property value and referenced this  in EPMOlapMemberO  which is by default formula for the page axis member.

=EPMOlapMemberO($B$1,"[REGION].[PARENTH1].[WEST]","WEST-West","","000")

where B1 is the property value which is the member of the region dimension.

But when I change the member, and save the data, the region which it picks up is from the previous selection.

Also my input form get refreshed on the first dimension selection.

Regards,

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

B1 value is not refreshing, try to refresh sheet and check whether the value of property is updated or not.

Explain all the dimensions are used in template with sample values.

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

B1 is getting refreshed...also in the EPMOlapMember the region is getting selected....

Also when I select my dimension, the sheet will auto referesh.

but when I enter the data and save it...it gets saved   but it gets disapeared  but when I checked the backend, the data is stored on the previous region which was selected during last input.

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Click on cell where you are inputting data, right click and see the EPM-> properties

Also try to refresh manually after context change.

Shrikant 

Former Member
0 Kudos

checked the property of the data cell..it is correct as per member which got selected in region dimension...but when I push the data...it  is getting stored in the previously selected dimension member...( I have closed almost all the threads..will follow the practice henceforth...thanks)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try it on simple simple template ?

Which dimensions you have in page axis and to populate B1 which dimension you are refering.

Kindly provide more details about structures.

( I have closed almost all the threads..will follow the practice henceforth...thanks)\\

That's good, it will help others if they face same issues.

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Structure is very simple :

GL's in rows

Time in column

Entity is in selection

Region is in selection ( which should be auto selected by selection of Entity)

Category in selection

Other dimensions are locked and fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And if you are saying that it will require another refresh manually ( one refresh is already done while selecting the entity dimension) , then if the user forgets to refresh it, the data may get stored in the wrong selection. how can I restrict that??

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The workaround -

Add Entity and Region in row axis,

Keep Entity is driven from selection, for Region use Dimension property as relationship, Select Entity -> Select Region property.

(Considering you have maintained Region property in Entityand you Region as dimension)

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

agreed on your workaround but why should i select Entity in the row...I can keep the entity in the selection and display region accordingly in the row axis and hide it....any significance why should we take the entity in the row axis??

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To use Dimension property as relationship, you need to add entity dimension in row, even you add it in row, you can select by giving context member option. You can hide unwanted dimensions.

Hope this will helpful.

Shrikant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have seen your all the threads, you have total 25 issues, out of that only 2 are closed.

In most of the cases you are not responding back. It is your responsibility to close the threads if you solved your problem else respond back to reply.

Kindly close your old threads if queries are resolved 

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will close the threads...thank you!!