Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIR7: Document number gaps when delete parked invoice

xuarchy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When I use T-code MIR7 to park PO invoice,system can take up one document number, if I delete the parked invoice,then document number gaps.

I use SNRO to switch off  the buffering ,the object is "re_beleg",but it doesn't work.

An external number  assignment isn't setted for our document number.

who can tell me how to fixed this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you plz explain the process with tcodes and post teh screen shots if possible.

Regards,

Priti

xuarchy
Explorer
0 Kudos

1.OK,when U use T-code: MIR7 to park PO invoice,U find the parked PO invoice is wrong,of course there are lots of reasons. Then if U delete parked invoice,one document number will lose,When U post next parked invoce,the document number gaps. SAP default when you park one invoice,it will take up one document number.

2.As others said, don't delete parked invoice,what u do if u find wrong parked invoice is to change the parked invoice or post the invoice and reverse it.

3.The notes which you find,I have noticed before,but I found I changed the buffer of MM Invoice number,it doesn't work.and if u read the notes carefully,it's old,and the problem what it solved isn't acctually like mine.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The note fixed an error where gaps got created when the initial number was assigned, the note does not fix any problem for gaps that arise because of deletion. And there is no note that can bring your old number back.

If you want that, then you have do some programming, e.g. by writing the number into a Z-table when the document gets deleted, along with a logic to take the number from the Z-table before the number from the standard number range is taken. 

If that can really fulfill the legal requirement? Okay you have no gaps, but you have not created the documents in sequence.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create an park invoice document number, then the status is increased +1 for the number range object. But when you delete this parked invoice, system won't decrease the status of the number -1 for number range object. That's because you can't bring this number back or you can't create another invoice document for the same number.

Also, the deleted parked invoice will be still exist in RBKP table with status deleted (field RBSTAT=2).

So it won't be a good idea to post another park invoice with the same number which was deleted earlier.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the problem if a number is lost, it was taken from the range and you deleted it, the number will not be added back to the range.

If you are legally required to have a sequential numbering then you should probably not allow parking and deleting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plz refer Note 634150.

Regards,

Priti.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This note is a correction note for release 46C and 470 only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. If you have latest version of this note plz provide..

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, I'm still not able to understand his concern.

Does he want the deleted number back ? or He is facing a number gap during park/post a new invoice ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Problem is : Once he do MIR7 one document gets posted for ex: 1300007121 and when he cancel the same doc then there is document gap it might be 1300007124...usually a no. gap during parking/ cancel parking..in mIR7.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably not. A parked document can't be reversed. It can be only deleted. So, it wont create a new number at the time deleting parked invoice. You can just see the message Parked invoice document 1300007121 has been deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes my mistake not cancel only while deleting.. thats what even when we delete the parked document it will not post a new document.