Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety stock & Minimum safety stock Concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

Need one hlep regarding the materila calculation with safety stock ,

We have a one finish material with MRP Type : PD , we maintain the safety stock : 2000  qty , & minimum safety stock : 500 qty ,  when they stock qty comes below 2000 , after mrp run system generates new planned order to fulfil the safety stock qty  as per standered system behaviour , Now they want systen has to create the Planned order when it comes to below 500 qty .  They dont want to chnage the safety stock level 2000 ,

How we can do this ? what changes  we need to do with materila master change ? do we need to chnage the MRP type ?

Regards

satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet ,

thanks for the reply , Could you please explain me in details about the OM0I . Is there any posibility to get the change without doing the change in the Cutumization ? Master data chnage is ok .

satish

former_member189776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Through OM0I, you define specific business views in selection rules

for all the information in the stock/requirements list and the planning

table in Repetitive Manufacturing.

In detail, you define:

• which MRP elements are selected to set up the respective evaluation list and/or to calculate the quantity available and the ranges of coverage

-   do not consider: the element is not displayed and is not used to

calculate the quantity available and the ranges of coverage

-   display: the element is displayed but is not used in the

calculation

-   show affecting availability: the element is displayed and is

used in the calculation

• which stocks are used to calculate the stock available
  • whether schedule lines in the display are replaced by the more current forecast delivery schedules or JIT delivery schedules
  • whether dependent requirements and dependent reservations for bulk materials are displayed and, if necessary, also calculated
  • which period (selection horizon) should be represented.You determine the selection horizon either directly or allow the user to make this setting in the respective transaction.

When you use a selection rule in the stock/requirements list and in the planning table for Repetitive Manufacturing, the selection logic is as follows:

MRP elements are displayed only for the period that is defined in the selection horizon.

• Only those MRP elements selected in the selection rule are displayed.
  • Of the MRP elements displayed, only those flagged in the selection rule as affecting availability are used to calculate the quantity available and the ranges of coverage.
  • Only the stocks defined in the selection rule are used to calculate the quantity available.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ranjeet ,

Thanks for the reply , but what setting i need to change , as my requirement is Planned order should generate when the stock come to minimum  safety stock level not the safety stock level .

Is there any option by chnaging master data only ?

satish

former_member189776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

As per OM0I setting, Only Safety Stock indicator available, when you select this field, the safety stock is added to the stock available during MRP run. There is no any setting for Minimum safety stock.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ranjit ,

so do i need to remove this Deduct safety stock indicator ?

But my requirement for specific 10 to 15 material not for all material ? if i remove this indocatot it would for all client .

Do you have nay idea , if we can achieve this requirement by chnaging materila master ?

BAsically my requitremnt is when the stock comes to minimum safety stock level then only system should generate the Planned order .

Please suggest

satish

former_member189776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

When you remove this indicator system will not consider Safety Stock during MRP run.

I think, there no standard setting for minimum safety stock for MRP run.

You can maintain Safety stock as minimum safety stock for those materials & you can manage.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189776
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Please check configuration in OM0I (Define Selection Rule), where we select stock calculation in MRP. 

Thanks