cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClockInClockOutService PAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Does any one know if the ClockInClockOut PAPI uses the attendance rules in labor rule maintenance?

IE if you have the "Action Applied at Clock-Out to SFC's in Work" set to Signoff will clocking out using the PAPI Sign the user off all the SFC's they have in work?

From what I'm seeing so far it looks like it doesn't.

The same question applies for the ClockInClockOut XML interface as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin!

ClockInClockOut PAPI is expected to execute clock in/out for the user the same way as it is done via GUI. So, I would expect the PAPI to follow Labor Rule Maintenance setup.

I'm not sure which ClockInClockOut XML interface you are talking about, because I do not see such request in Shop Floor XML Guide or in Legacy WS Guide.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

We have implemented an interface from the clients time and attendance system that auto clocks user in and out using the ClockInClockOut PAPI and it doesn't seem to auto signoff the user

Can you double check to make sure it is supposed too? We are using ME15 SP03 No Patches. I will double check the results at this side.

I could extend the BLS transaction to sign and labor the user off but no point if the PAPI is supposed to do it

Thanks for your help

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry forgot to add , the XML part I was thinking about was:

http://xxxxxxxxx:50000/manufacturing-xml/com/sap/me/integration/xchange/test/TestClockInOut.jsp

Thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin!

As you can see, /xchange/test/... is meant for internal testing but not for a productive usage.

As concerns PAPI, it is expected to follow Labor Rule Maintenance settings. If it is not implemented at all (that means no developer has worked on coding this logic) at the moment, then it is a product gap which needs to be "rectified". However, it is up to Product Management team to plan and prioritize this implementation properly - so it might not get included into right next patch but rather planned for some future release.

Anyway, it is good to address this request as a support ticket.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

I carried out some testing in the QA and Production environments and yes the PAPI is working as expected, the issue was on the time and attendance system and has now been resolved.

Thanks for your assistance.

Kevin

Answers (0)