cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update for contract release value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using a value contract for service. I have created contract release PO with reference to the contract  . The release value in the contract is updated by the PO order value. Service entry sheet is performed and final entry indicator is set . However the amount of the SES is less than net PO amount.

Contract Target value  $ 10000.

Contract Release $ 1000

SES confirmed $ 900  ( with final indicator)

According to this scenario. the Contract remaining amount is 10000-1000  = 9000 so the next PO can be created upto the amount of $ 9000. 

If we delete the unused item or reduce the qty in PO we can reduce the Contract release amount accordingly in Contract. I have tried deleting the PO item which has the service items after GR and IV still the release amount doesn't decrease in contract.

Is there a way to reduce the contract release amount in contract after closing the PO without changing the qty and deleting the service items ?

Cheers

Paonam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to chose your source for resulting your method of calculation and go for SAP Function BAPI_CONTRACT_CHANGE - BAPI to Change a Purchase Contract.

Regards,

Biju K

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dayananda

SAP Does not work that way.. if release order have 1000 and service 900. You still have $100 open..which are stuck with your PO. Contract release amount will remain 1000 until you manually change it or create some program to reduce it. I am 100% there is no way you can find in standard without reducing release order amount or increasing contract amount by delta amount you are able to get back additional $100 in the contract..

Unfortunately you have to reduce the amount in the release PO, you can create some automated program to do so if you have very compelling case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have unused items then instead of deleting the PO line item or services you can just reduce the qunatity/price in PO itself. Once the final entry indicator is set it means devivery complete indicator is set in PO. I.e PO gets shortclosed. But its important to reduce the quantity/ value so that teh commitment should be reduced. What is the error you are facing. Can you plz post the screen shots if possible.

Regards,

Priti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Thanks for the quick response. What I am looking is not to change planned contract release PO amount or service item. At any point of time it should reflect the planned PO and SES entry amount which will help to analysis the variance of planned and actual . From the commitment point of view I don't have any issue . once the final entry is done its clear off the open commitment items.

The issue is the PO release amount block in the contract . If we are going back to the PO and editing the qty or remove those unused service item mean we are changing the original planned service items  in order to reduce the release amount in contract. By doing this we are changing the planned information and only thing remain is to track by changes documents.

I am looking for another alternative to capture the variance in PO and reduce the release amount in contract.

Cheers!

Paonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said

once the final entry is done its clear off the open commitment items.

I agree with final entry your qunatity will be redured/short closed but what about the value part at service line item level? Short close will be applicable for PO line item value/qunatity but for service line item you have to manually change the qunatity/ value. There is no way out in SAP which will automatically reduce the amount in contract. You have to manually reduce the amount in PO.

Hope, i have cleared your doubts.

Regards,

Priti.