Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material reversal document no. entry in table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I am bit confused in sap tables.

I reversed a service entry sheet for a service po but now i am not finding entry of reversal document number in table MSEG. did'nt find in MBSM txn either.

material document no. - 5000008450

reversal - 5000008451

I need to know where i can find reversal entry of SES in the table.

PFA

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your selection criteria to view the table MSEG ?

What about other documents (448 and 449) ? your EKBE table must be fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i tried giving both original and reversal doc.no. in MBLNR but i don't see any value in SMBLN.

and no posting failure. EKBE shows all the values fine.

448-449 is as same test case as 450-451. please ignore 448-449

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you are confusing the users with your description, I just found the attached screenshots.

Can it be that you expect SAP to update the original document in MSEG (450) with the number of the document that reversed this one (451)?

Just to make things sure it would be good if you could tell whether the 451 material document itself can be found in MSEG like you find the 450.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i just went through this thread

and it said that it'll find you the reversal linkage in MSEG with MBLNR-SMBLN if and only if the document is reversed through MBST txn.

but i haven't reversed it using MBST. it is actually done normally using ml81n-revoke-delete. so all i need to ask is where in table i can find the reversal entry of 450 as per my scenario

If possible, let me know.

thank you.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are talking about the field SMBLN, which is updated for reverse material with original document number (in the case of material PO),system will not update the original document for reverse document in case of service purchase order.

You need to find a different logic with regards to movement type in MSEG or EKBE table.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you eventually get an express message about a posting failure?

check SM13 if there is a posting failure logged.