SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving Business partner and Contract account with no posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Could you help me identify all Business partners in Production environments which has no postings?

The goal is to submit this list to the business in order to determine what BP and CA can be archived. Indeed those obsolete BP and CA may be confusing for the business, especially during payment process.

I will be then able to document PDS for Archiving process for which the scope will be first limited to BP and CA no retention period notion as BP and CA are archived according to flag).

I would like to understand, is this archiving process done by Basis consultants or any functional and technical consultants?

If I well understand the requirement, my client would like to have the report of BP and CA which has no posting made!Do we have any standard procedures for this?

Appreciate your answers

BR,

Nagu

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Can i have any luck on the above question?

BR,

Nagu

0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjuna,

you can use SARA sap archive tool (tcode: SARA) and use the required archiving object for BP and contracts.

CA_BUPAArchiving Business Partners
BBP_CTRSRM Archiving Contract and Global Outline Agrmt

The standard behavior of archive tool is the consider the residence period (age of the document, how many days since it is created).

if you would require special conditions(no postings) to archive, you would need to implement Badis.

regards,

Tashi

0 Kudos

Hi Tashi,

Thanks for your response!

I am indeed new to this Archiving activity.

With SARA t code, I see many Arching objects but how to use them?

I want to do the archiving for BP which has no postings

how can i do it?

BR,

Nagu

0 Kudos

Hi Nagarjuna,

so far, i have worked on archiving of business documents (PO, SHC,confirmations etc) and we can utilize the SAP solution for it (SARA). Below is a document which may help you

BP DATA Archive -CRM - CRM - SCN Wiki

Basic concepts of Archiving:

Archiving - SAP Library

There are lot of documents depending on the modules (CRM,ECC,SRM archiving) online, but the fundamental concept of archive remains same.

i suggest you should read more on the archiving concepts as its important to understand all the concepts and its implication when you execute in your system.

regards,

Tashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagu,

Check the following link..

Data Archiving in SAP Utilities - SAP Library

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagu,

I don't think there is any standard way/T.codes/Standard reports to find out the list of BP's or CA's which doesn't have any postings

I think you have to develop a custom program to query the database table DFKKOP, and if there are no entries against the contract account/Business Partner, then you can list them in an output file.

Now with regard to the archiving of the CA's, you can use transaction SARA. The archiving object for contract account archiving is FI_FICA. The associated programs are:

•   BUSOBARCH: BDT archiving, archiving program
  •   BUSOBARCH_DELETE: BDT archiving, deletion program
  •   BUSOBARCH_RELOAD: BDT archiving, reload program

The logic works as follows-

(a) If any Contract account has any active contract assigned to it then a message is displayed and then first the the contract needs to be archived.

(b) If any contract has open documents then the open document needs to be archived.

In you r scenario, I guess the second point will not be valid, however the first point can be valid for some CA's.

Similarly, the archiving object for business partner archiving is CA_BUPA.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Dear friends,
Thanks for your help in advance,

can we reload archived Business partner and contract account?

I tried doing it on SARA T code.

EX: I had created a variant by giving Contract account and archived and deleted successfully and on the same transaction code in SAP menu GOTO option in that we have reload option.

I selected the same variant used for archiving and in parameters, i entered the contract account to be reloaded which had archived initially. However when system generates Log, in spools created with Canceled status.

Can anyone please advice me how to proceed it please?

0 Kudos

Experts,

Any news on reloading BP/CA which have been archived?