cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle connection for Crystal Report 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have installed crystal report 2013 64 bit and oracle client 11g 64bit for Oracle 10g database in win 7 64bit system. All my reports have been designed in crystal report 2008 using oracle connection. But i do not find oracle connection in crystal report 2013. how to connect report with oracle 10g database. kindly help me.

regards,

Madhavarao N N

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Madhav,

You'll need the 32-bit Oracle client to be able to use with CR 2008 (any CR version for that matter).

-Abhilash

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Abhilash,

If i install oracle 32 bit oracle client, should i need to install all application 32bit version (Toad, CR 2013...)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There could be a 64-bit version for Toad (I'm not sure) however, there isn't a 64-bit version of CR yet.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

that means i cannot connect CR 2013 with oracle database using oracle 64bit client

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No! You'll need to install 32-bit Oracle client just like you did when working with CR 2008.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

in crystal report 2008, there is oracle server connection option available in Database Expert. but in CR 2013 not available. how do i connect report with oracle 10g database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Abhilash,

i think you have not understand my requirement. pl read carefully my requirement.

i have installed crystal report 2013 64 bit and oracle client 11g 64bit for Oracle 10g database in win 7 64bit system in the new system.

I am trying to design in crystal report 2013 using oracle 10g connection. how do it connect to oracle database.

Earlier all my reports have been designed in crystal report 2008 using oracle connection. there was no issue.

Madhavarao

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavrao,

i have installed crystal report 2013 64 bit

First things first - CR is a 32-bit software and a 64-bit version of the tool doesn't exist yet!

Having said that, you'll never be able to work with Oracle databases with a 64-bit Client installed on your machine.

You will need the 32-bit Oracle Client installed on your machine to be able to see the 'Oracle Server' connection under Database Expert.

You might want to go back to the machine that has CR 2008 installed and have a look at the Oracle Client configuration and replicate it on this new machine.

-Abhilash