Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segregation of 2-step picking items to non 2-step items

mark_suarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've been trying to run a simulation to process picking of items with 2-step picking and the other is not in one Outbound Delivery. The data I am using was already defined and extended in article master. But I can't get through with my testing. When I create a grouping for the 2-step items in VL06P, items not relevant in 2-step picking includes. In LT0E, they are all dispalyed as 2-step relevant. Just to segregate them, I need to execute LT72 to determine 2-step relevance. What I expect is when I create a grouping, the 2-step relevance should be included only on the Group. And to process the items that is not 2-step, I can just click "Create TO in Foreground" or LT03.

Hoping for soonest response.

Thank You,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

let me try with an example in order to be more clear

delivery 1: prod A 2-step with quantity 2 pieces and prod B no 2-step with quantity 3 pieces

delivery 2: prod A quantity 4 pieces and prod C (no 2-step) quantity 5 pieces

then you create a group for the 2 deliveries and perform the LT0E the system creates a single missione of 5 pieces only for the prod A from the picking warehouse to 200

if you can wait the end of this confirmation you can then perform the LT03 for the delivery 1 and

the system will create a mission from 200 to 916 of 2 pieces of prod A and a mission from picking area to 916 of 3 pieces for the prod B (similar thing for delivery B)

this is standard SAP

I cannot understand your doubt...

regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you activate config option that allows you to make 2-step picking based on material?
If so, when you create a group, both items will be included (entire delivery) in that group.

Example. 1 delivery, 2 items, matA - 2step relevant, matB - non relevant. Both in qty of 1 PC.

Att first step (LT0E) you will only have the material matA that is 2-step pick relevant.
When you confirm the TO for the first step you will transfer 1 PCS of matA to storage type 200.

You should be able to execute LT03 for the delivery number to create a TO for non 2-step item.
But I think you don't have to.
Because later when you perform a LT42 (second step) you will create a TO with these items:
Item1 matA from 200 to 916 0800...
Item2 matB from 001 to 916 0800... (from original bin to 916, so we skipped 200)

That's as far as I remember it since I did my last 2 step pick imlementation a year ago and haven't been using the processes from that time, but we had no problems with mixed 2-step non 2-step items in delivery groups.

Regards,
Mihailo

mark_suarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mihailo,

You're right and I'm seeing this when I will execute LT72 to activate/deactivate the 2-step relevance. But what if we have a hundred item lines in one outbound delivery, I don't think we need them to tick one-by-one. Furthermore, if I will skip LT72 and perform LT0E, all materials will undergo 2-step picking and that is from 001 to 200 then from 200 to 916. Maybe we need a customization for this.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if I understood correctly then you have 2 material (Mat1 & Mat2) in the outbound delivery for Mat1 2step picking is activated at material master level and for another Mat2 2step picking is not activated. Now while doing VL06P you want system to create Group only for Mat1 whereas for another Mat2 you want to create TO from LT03 route

If my understanding is correct then system is not designed to process the same delivery one via Group and while group is active at the same time with LT03

mark_suarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo and Manish,

Thank you for your time. What I intend is to make a group for the 2-step material activated only. The problem is there are materials that is not 2-step activated which are created in one Outbound Delivery. The process I followed is create a grouping in "Sub-sequent functions>Wave Pick". Then I expect that the materials that are 2-step activated will be included only in the Group. The other materials which is not 2-step activated will be left. If we can't proceed on this with SAP, is there other way to segregate? I am thinking if to create an Outbound Delivery separately for the materials 2-step and not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

SAP allows you to create a first step only for material 2-step enabled, this first step will create a TO collected from picking warehouse to an intermediate warehouse (warehouse type 200)

you can then create the first step with LT0E

if you can wait until the first step is confirmed you can then create the second step for the material 2-step and the task for the other material

differently if you need to start both mission in parallel you can divide the delivery or you can implement a simple cockpit that create TO ad hoc playing with the function L_TO_CREATE_DN

with this function you can fill properly the table IT_DELIT passing the items of the delivery you want process.

regards

mark_suarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carlo,

Thanks. How about for the single-step picking? Please note that in one outbound delivery there are materials for single-step picking and 2-step picking.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see a valid business case in your scenario where customer can give combine order, As single step and two step picking is more for us to optimize our picking process. Personally never did a detailed analysis on this whether both type of material can be there in one delivery and during Group creation what is the result however in one of my implementation project we designed a custom shipment cockpit  where based on the indicator from the material master (2 step)line item appears separately and user will have the flexibility to create the grouped task for 2step and single task for full pallet pick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark

for what I've understood you want to activate the 2 step at material level, but did you activated in customizing the relevance for the material?

regards.