cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Country Grouping for HCM & FI; FI Molga99; Plan to Upgrade HCM to MOLGA24

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have existing implemented solutions (FI, HR, MM, SD) with Country Grouping 99.  However, Company is planning to Move HR to Saudi Localization i.e., Country Group 24.

Now we dont want to disturb FI and rest of modules; yet want to upgrade HCM to 24 MOLGA.

Could you please advise, is it possible to have HCM Molga in 24 and Company Code will stay with MOLGA 99?

Please consider this:
(Country Grouping Field in editable in Table "V_T500P Assignment of Personnel Area to Company Code")

Appreciation in Adv.

Best Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member201807
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

we are in process of the same process i.e. upgrade HCM module from Molga 99 to 24,

requesting to share the details process of migration and their impact.

Thank you in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mehar,

the country code is an HR only field.

It is assigned to a personnel area in the same table as the company code to guarantee that you don't assign two different personnel areas, who are then assigned to the same company code, as a company code should never be 2 countries.

So, without being an FI expert, I don't see any direct impact on FI.

There may be indirect impact from wagetype assignments etc, but all things being equal, FI shouldn't care, whether it's 24 or 99.

However, as mentioned before, changing the country code in HR is no mean feat.

It does make a lot of sense to actually use the right localisation, but you need to review a lot of your config to be sure it works. E.g., when you change company code, some infotype screens ma change and become country specific. It may require mandatory fields you hadn't hitherto filled in.

It's difficult to say how much work it is without looking at your system.

We've often done it for simpler cases and it may be done in a couple of days (plus thorough testing) or may need several weeks, if you need to convert some data on the database.

It's definitely more work, if you use payroll than it would be without

It's probably not quite as difficult with grouping 24 as it would be with 01 or 10, as it doesn't have quite as much localised fields and data verification rules.

sorry I couldn't give you a more precise answer, but as the country grouping is used in so many places, it depends very much on your bespoke system context.

kind regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ringling,

Thank you for the detailed reply.  It helped a lot.  All I am worried is about effect of MOLGA on FI;  HR side is well catered and planned.

I hope changing to HCM localized solution (Changing MOLGA from 99 to 24) will means no harm to FI.

Thanks and Appreciations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

Thank you for replying, first of all.  I am confused about what sort of changes or effect there will be in FI due to this roll-out?

suman_das
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meher,

As far as my Knowledge the country grouping change is a huge change you are making.In FI and HR whatever config has been made taking consideration of 99, those all must be redone in CG 24.

For example in HR Employee Grouping needs to be extended to 24.Then Personnel Area to Company code assignment table needs to be updated with new CG.Lots of changes are involved.

You need to jot down all those changes.And then proceed.

Regards

Suman.