Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLMWUI: Engineering record Advanced search -TREX set up

yatan_seth
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We have implemented SAP Engineering record on PLM 7.02 by creating custom case type involving both custom Z* & utilizing few SCMG* standard tables. Everything on the ER works per our requirement except "Advanced Search"; our advanced search both under "Engineering record" & 'Full text search" tab returns no results.

We have checked:

1. with basis & indexing is already running for ER

2. Checked config under PLM Web application> Define settings for PLM search > Std Object type: PLM_ECR is already set up with ESH Enterprise search

However still the PLM web UI returns no results. Kindly guide if someone knows the fix.

Thanks in Advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yatan_seth
Participant
0 Kudos

All

The issue got resolved post system upgrade to EHP7.

Seems like issue cause was not security or basis setting but older version had some bug with case management object: Engineering record

Thanks for your time for looking in this post!

-Yatan Seth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

yatan_seth
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply  Samuli & Amar!

I used ESH_TEST_SEARCH; but  result did not gave what auth object/activity is failing although it did show lot of red nodes.

I am still working with Security & Basis but issue not yet resolved. Will post to this thread if we get it working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enable Expert mode and check Debug Authorization, see below. You can even specify a different user ID for executing the test.

amarnath_singanamala2
Participant
0 Kudos

ESH_TEST_SEARCH is a good one to start. Since you have mentioned that TREX is getting indexed, I doubt its something to do with the config, can you double check your Search config for ECR?

Thanks,

Amar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked authorizations? You can use transaction ESH_TEST_SEARCH to troubleshoot.