cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Min and Max for a wage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I need to know if I want to define a minimum and a maximum amount for a certain type based on the employee pay scale structure rather than an absolute amount for a wage type.

How can this be configured?

Your quick response is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Sally

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is VERY basic....this is done in defining Pay Grades vs. Pay Scales......one uses T510...the other T710 table.....one allows a "range" (min / max) while the other is a set amount.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Using table T510 will allow me to set a certain value which will not meet my requirement and for table T710 will set a min/max range irrespective of the wage type which - again - won't work for me.

Following is an example of the business requirement I am trying to configure:

PS Type/Area/Grade/Level          WT          Min AMT          Max AMT

01/01/01/E1                         Basic Salary     1,000               2,000

As I told you using table T710 won't allow me to choose min/max values for a certain wage type.

So please advise.

Please consider it a matter of high importance.

Your help is going to be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sally

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How will T710 not work for you? If you understand how T510 and T710 tie back to wage types, you should be able to do it (hint...set to what default wage type model gives you...it is the same as assigning directly)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your constant support but for clarifying more would you please tell me in details what is the steps the should be done to configure the business example I mentioned earlier.

Thanks again,

Sally