cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Later switch to open item

0 Kudos

Hello.

Actualy, we are using SAP ECC 6.0 (EHP 5).

In 2013 we migrated to new general ledger accounting (ledger solution).

We don´t use the document-splitting-function.

The update of the "old" sumtable (GLT0) is still active.

Now there is the requirement for a backdated or subsequently activation of the open item management for several accounts.

I´ve allready checked the notes 175960, 1356457 and 1770786 therefor.

If an migration to New GL has occured, only an activation date can be chosen which is after the date of migration (FAGL_SWITCH_TO_OPEN_ITEM).

How can I realize a backdated activation of opem item management under given conditions?

I would be very grateful for any hints.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have no split issues, then you can still run the program, even if transactions originate before the migration phase. You will encounter problem of clearing these transactions, if you have split functionality and if these documents are eligible for split. Otherwise, don't worry...

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you for your answer.

So you think I can use the FAGL_SWITCH_TO_OPEN_ITEM.

I also think so. But I was unsure because SAP writes that you are not allowed to use the program with an activation-date schmaller than the Migration date of new gl.

And they write this without any restriction and without providing details.

I also think that we probably further could use the RFSEPA02, at least as long as update of the GLT0 is active.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RFSEPA02 won't create entries in NGL tables, while FAGL_SW* will do both: generate NGL entries and update 'classical' FI tables, switching OI flag for the documents.

SAP certainly does not recommend usage of this transaction after the migration, but this recommendation is relevant for vanilla migration. Specific business cases can be used as excuse for non-conventional procedures, when they are duly analysed.

0 Kudos

OK.

That sounds great.

I was confused because SAP writes in note 1356457 that there will be no no general ledger view for documents before migration date when using FAGL_SW*.

With vanilla migration, you mean the standard case?

best regards

0 Kudos

SAP also writes that could be problems with reversed documents.

Do you think it´s better to check the accounts for reversed documents before using the FAGL_SW*?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I mean, standard migration, which, in most cases, also presumes split functionality.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Without split functionality, I don't foresee any problems, reversed documents or not. Of course, it would be more prudent from your side to activate OI managements for one of these accounts in TEST environment and make sure that you can clear old documents.

0 Kudos

Thank you for help!

Answers (0)