cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Web Viewer Printing Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

An end user of Crystal Web Viewer says that asterisks used to display on her documents, whenever she would print those documents.

She says that, about six months ago when they upgraded, these asterisks stopped displaying.

Is there some sort of add-on or something along those lines that is missing that needs to be reinstalled in Web Viewer in order to bring back those asterisks?  Is there a font that needs to be reinstalled?

Thanks!

johnellis1980s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John

Define "Web Viewer". Is this a BI viewer? CR viewer? What SDK? Etc., etc.

What version of CR?

What upgrade did they do? From what to what?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek:

The Crystal Web Viewer is the Internet Explorer version of Crystal.

On the "back-end", they use Crystal 8.5.  I believe that they upgraded their workstations from an older operating system to newer operating systems.

Thanks!

johnellis1980s

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal 8.5 has been out of support for over 10 years - it is old technology and the SDK/Web components will not necessarily work in newer operating systems or browsers.  I suggest having the users try running the site in "compatibility mode" for whatever version of IE they used to use and see whether that resolves the problem.  If it doesn't, there is probably nothing that can be done without upgrading the reports and the application that runs the reports.

-Dell

Answers (0)