cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove a field from Personal Settings in ME21N?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

We have Personal Settings in ME21N that contains 10 fields:  Company Code, Purchasing Document Type, Terms of Payment, and others.  Our audit standards require that we use Terms of Payment from the Vendor Master on all Purchase Orders.  We have disabled the Terms field on ME21N & ME22N, so that it cannot be entered or changed.  However, the Terms of Payment in Personal Settings will allow a user to have a default setting that will override the Vendor Terms.

We can monitor table ESDUS to be sure that no users have defaults set in this field, but we would rather remove the opportunity entirely.

Is there a config that can remove this field from Personal Settings?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for your replies.  I was surprised to see responses after 6 months!

Our Audit Requirement is that the Terms of Payment on Purchase Orders must match the Vendor Master.  We discovered some POs that had different Terms of Payment.  In researching, we found a user that had the Terms of Payment set in the Personal Settings.  Monitoring a table for entries is not a satisfactory audit remediation.

We needed a solution that would cover all users--not just 1 or 2.  So, we ended up having a developer add an enhancement to insure that the Vendor Terms is always used.  Removed following line in LMEPOF00 ( FORM mepo_header_fill_zterm):

bapi_merge_data_field dekko gs_headerx zterm ch_zterm.

Thank you again.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Why don`t you over write the payment terms in "personal settings" default values?

If i understand correctly you want to have default "payment terms" from personal asettings?

For example, i made payment terms :y003 for document type YNB

Now system will automatically populate Y003 for YNB document type.

Now , here as per you you don`t want personal settings over write the "payment terms" in ME21N/ME22N.

So now  i just make new layout for my personal settings

so system will not over write.

Are you looking for this or some thing else ? Hope this may help you little bit.

i am not sure whether you are looking to hide "terms of payment" from personal settings?

click on personal settings--> more fields--> then hide in the layout.So system will not show it in default values of personal settings.

Regards,

Pardhu

yang_bai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terri,

I am sorry to tell you that payment term can not be removed from personal setting, and there is no standard way to avoid that users change their personal settings. I have also tried to find user exits,

bu there's none available for your request.

However, the standard model can of course be altered using the BAdI

ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST where you may well implement your own logic, as

desired.

Best regards,

Yang Bai

Former Member
0 Kudos

More information:  I found multiple posts that say that the Terms of Payment always comes from the Vendor Master, and overrides the Personal Settings.  By entering the information in ME21N -- and not hitting enter -- the Terms of Payment from the Vendor Master is not pulled, and the Terms from the Personal Settings is used.

Is this the correct functionality?  As was mentioned in several posts, having a Personall Setting for Vendor Terms does not make sense.  We need to be able to remove the option for users to be able to change the Terms.

yang_bai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terri,

According to your 2nd question, I found a pilot released note may help you.
It corrects the following behavior:

The user has defined default values for the PO header, e.g. Payment terms or Incoterms as Personal Settings.

When creating a purchase order using e.g. ME21N, the default values will be overwritten by the values from the vendor master record.

But as it is pilot released now, you may need to raise a customer incident to get it.

Best regards,
Yang Bai