0 Kudos

Dear all,

i  have trouble about STO, and the business is :

1. three company code : 1000   1100  1200;
                             plant : 1000  1100  1200

2. 1100 and 1200 purchase from 1000 code;

3. i create a vendor as  1000 comapny, and the vendor as the plant 1000;

4. 1100 purchase from 1000 use STO business, and 1200 purchase not use STO;

but there is a question is :  one vendor only STO or not STO at the same time ?

i want to solve it ? how to do? can you tell me ?(i dont want to use business partern) 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188914
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. "1100 purchase from 1000 use STO business"

This means that you must be using NB(standard) document type, as you are purchasing across different company codes. In this case you define plant 1000 as vendor and plant 1100 as customer. PO is created at 1100 with vendor master as assigned to plant 1000. Delivery is created at 1000 for this PO and PGI is done. Now, your plant 1100 receives the goods and invoice etc is posted.You define plant as your vendor. You do not define company code as vendor. At very high level we can say that a single document(PO) is used as purchasing document at 1100 and as sales order in 1000.

2. "and 1200 purchase not use STO"

In this case you might be following different process. Plant 1200 creates a purchase order and a corresponding sales order is created(manually/automatically) at 1000. In this scenario, plant 1200 runs its full purchasing process and plant 1200 runs its full sales process.

If you want to set up Cross company purchase(STO process) between 1000-1200 follow these document. It will help you.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPSCM/Stock+Transport+with+Delivery

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPSCM/Steps+to+map+Inter+Company+STO

or please elaborate your exact problem.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In sap if you want to procure from another plant , which is assigned to the same company code will have to use the PO as UB type and if not assigned to the same plant , you have to use the IC PO only and hence tell the users that they have to use the STO process only for another plant . Or you will have to create another plant as vendor in this case please plan for the GL account to get posted .

Regards

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you using STO process you need to create only plant as vendor.. you do not need company code as vendor..

with STO- you can easily take of billing for inter company STO whereas in other case.. you care creating PO (normal PO in 1000) and also you need to create Sales Order ( in company code 1100).

Following one process is what is known as best practice.. Business should adopt one business process so that it is streamlined and there is no different versions.. if you these more scenarios you will end training people same results but two approaches.