cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to push new report instances into Promotion Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a Promotion Job in CMC which will take the latest three instances along with it while promoting a webi Report.

Is this possible to achieve without using the commant line Promotion tool ?

Regards

Arijit Kole

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am closing this thread.

I had to create an idea at SAP Ideas place, as discussed with SAP support. Please vote for the idea at Ideas place

Idea reference No. D28276

Cheers

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

Thanks for your response. I am already able to see the instance on the promotion management pane.

Let me present more information And elaborate the scenario.

I have a webi report named "A" and itvhas got three instances A1, A2 and A3 and there is a recurring job to schedule the webi report. Now the promotion job is also recurring

1st run of promotion job

===================

Instances A1,A2 and A3 are promoted.

Now there is a limitation set on the webi report which will delete the instances if they are more than three.

Now the webi report gets scheduled once again by the recurring job and the instance A4 is created and the instance A1 is automatically deleted by BO by the limitation set on the report.

2nd run of promotion job

===================

I want in this run the instances A2, A3 and A4 are promoted.

TJis can beachieved with the lcm_cli command prompt tool where the report's CUID is selected as parent ID and the instnaces are included as children.

I Want to know if the same can be achieved by GUI also.

Regards

Arijit

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try it?

It should work. if the job is scheduled, it should overwrite if any new objects added or created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

I have tried it already and the new instance is being stipped off from the Promotion Job.

It seems the Promotion Job is not able to inlude the webi instances as children for the parent Report.

Please let me know if you have a way out for this.

Regards

Arijit

former_member420411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use the promotion management, select the report and then select the instance that you want, do not select more instance export it into BIAR file.

Then select the BIAR file and import it and send to destination system.

Note: Do not select more instance due to more size, the instance will not promote.

Regards,

Piyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,

You can also refer SAP note- http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1678593

Regards,

Rajshree

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On promotion Managment screen, select settings-> Job Settings, and select 'Show completed instances on dependecies page' . This option will enble to pick the instances