Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BPC 10] Logon to DEV appears in EPM when opening transformation files in PRD

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

for unknown reason, when opening transformations file in Excel EPM logged on production BPC system PRD, the logon form with DEV string connection is displayed. By pressing Cancel on the form the files are opened correctly, and usign UJFS transaction on SAP GUI we can download and view the files as well.

Could anyone give us a hint on where on the BPC PRD system could we find any kind of "reference" to the DEV system?

Best regards,

Valerio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Valerio,

It could be due to connection/server name which is there under formulas -> Name Manager.

You can delete the connection/server name which is there under formulas -> Name Manager and verify the issue, it should resolve the issue.

Best Regards

Raghu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valerio,

You can check current connections to a report by doing the following, simply uncheck the tick boxes for the unwanted connections, then save.

goto report Actions drop down, click on manage connections, then select report connection, in that window deselect incorrect connections.

(you can get to the same menu by data connection from your EPM pane, then in the drop down select another connection)

Andy

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you

Raghu, Gajendra and Andy for your useful replies, this was a sort of a "puzzle" for me and I just couldn't find a suitable solution.

I found this SAP note too that summarizes your hints: 1912915 - Transformation and conversion files should not store the connection

Valerio

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you created in DEV and transported, the connection name is stored and every time you will open, it will reference it.

You can either process the file again in QA/PROD and save and that should take care of it or do not store connection and transport again.