cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Planning Level During Document Entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have 2 planning levels for 1 bank account. So I have to change planning level during document entry. I tried this with field status but planning levels are not in field status. How can I achieve this?

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Sorry but what would be the business/process requirement for this behavior? Just to understand and maybe to try helping you to find a better solution.

Let's review a sample of the process:

A bank account is assigned to a one Cash Flow line, only. E.g.: incoming payments in Santander bank will reflect to the "Santander" Cash Flow line, which will show to the Treasury the correct position of the money in that day. This information will be used to take important Financial decisions.

If you, per some reason, change the Planning Level for some manual postings, the Cash Flow position will not be the correct one. In consequence, probably Financial decision will be taken incorrectly (investments, transfer to cover balance of other bank accounts, etc).

I believe you can handle it through other ways, like e.g.:

- If you are using this information in CM, you can handle it using the features in OT17 in several cash flow structures.

- create other bank account to receive these specific payments. Obviously, a new Planning Level must be created and associate it to the new account.

Thank you!

Emanuel Chiappetto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Emanual,

I need this because we need to prepare the report based on transaction types.

For example :

Planning level x1 : incoming payments

Planning level x2 : employee payments etc

I need to select multiple planning levels for 1 bank account.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Did you already try to handle this requirement by Planning Groups (OT13) x Grouping Structure (OT17)?

In this way you handle Accounts Receivable (Clients) in a separated vision from Accounts Receivable (Employees) giving you the information in differents cash flow lines in only one vision (total).

Also, in this same cash flow structure (OT17), you can have the 3 lines: AR Clients, AR Employees and Banks.

Again: cash flow for bank lines would be 1:1.

I hope it helps you.

Thank you!

Emanuel Chiappetto

Gustavo_Vazquez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would create another account, one for incoming and another for outgoing payments.

There you could have different planning levels and you could make a better use of interfaces if you have.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gustavo,

It is not possible for me to create multiple accounts.

As far I understand there is standard way to achieve this. Maybe we should try abap development.

BR

Gustavo_Vazquez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

If it's a Vendor/Customer you can change it but with G/L accounts, I know nothing.

In fact, Posting Key (tx OB41) doesn't have option to make FDLEV available

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is GL account.

br

Gustavo_Vazquez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check http://scn.sap.com/message/7691115

You may change it with a substitution, but not at GL journal entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gustavo,

Can I make a pop-up screen with substitution so user can manually change planning status?

BR

Gustavo_Vazquez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It may work with a user exit, but not sure.

I don't understand the business reason why you would like to change the planning level. In general it's 1 account - 1 planning level.