Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML Map Mashup Doesn't Pull Parameters

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

So I've been trying to experiment with embedded components and mashups on ByDesign, and tried to follow this guide:

http://scn.sap.com/community/business-bydesign/studio/blog/2014/02/24/html-script-mashup--launched-f...

However, I've run into a problem when putting the EC on the Account screen. I've got the map to display (amusingly, copying the code from the guide didn't actually work; I got mine to display using an example from the Google developers website), but at the moment it will only work if I hard code in the latitude and longitude. If I pass the parameters into it, the map fails to initialise, instead just display a white box. I'll post pictures of what I've done corresponding to each step of the guide, and hopefully someone can help.

A1) Identify outport: I figure this is the best one on the Account screen.

2) create custom BO and script

3) create data structure and other fields, bind root-level fields, do other stuff from this step.

EC binding:

B1) Define PTP

2) Define Port Binding (PB)

3) EC Outport

4) HTML Mashup --- HTML I used is attached in a .txt file.

5) I stuck the mashup on the EC, then did the binding as follows:

Outport has the two referenced anchors:

I think this is pretty much it...anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Lewis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looking at the properties of the outport PublicOutportECCustomerRoot on the Account (org) OIF screen, Broadcast is set to False. Looking back at some SAP-led SDK training I did a while back, we set an outport on a custom OWL to have Broadcast = True, and the inport of our QA etc. then received data. Is it this lack of broadcast which is stopping this working? If so, I'll need to message SAP about it...thoughts?

Dedeepya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lewis,

To address the 1st of the problems you mentioned- Action not getting called. Did you check if on the EC's Inport Properties-

the 2 properties-"RequestAutoReFire" and "RequestFireOnInitialization" is set to TRUE.

BR
Dedeepya

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Funnily enough, I discovered that earlier --- it's pulling the account ID now that I've set the latter flag to True, so that's further than I'd got previously.  Next step is get the latitude/longitude going, so I'll come back with my findings on that. Thanks!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you to Mohd and Dedeepya. So, to summarise --- make sure the EC inport has RequestFireOnInitialisation set to True. Regarding the HTML mashup...use a user with all work centres assigned, that seemed to do the trick. Despite SAP saying that your SDK user should only have the two PDI work centres...makes perfect sense!

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So now what happens is, when I'm trying to drag the HTML mashup to an empty PaneContainer on the EC, the UI designer crashes. What's happening here? I've had this problem before, usually it'd crash but occasionally I managed to get it to work.

former_member187060
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lewis,

Its seems that your Developer(PDI) user don't have enough access rights to perform this may be you  are missing required work center or view.

I also have faced the same issue i was getting exception when drag the HTML mashup to the EC.

Solved by adding some views and work center to my PDI user don't know exactly which one.

Try to add all the views under the administrator work center to your Dev(PDI) user and try once again.

Thanks,

Siraj.

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which work centre? I don't see one in the list of possible work centres called Administrator. Do you mean Application and User Management or something else?

EDIT: Never mind --- I just assigned the PDI work centre to our admin user and tried that, that's worked now. Buggy as hell studio...

former_member183363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think my action fillLatitudeAndLongitude isn't getting called --- my EC, this time round, has the fields AccountID, AccountUUID, Latitude and Longitude in it. When I go to the Account > General tab, these fields are empty --- which indicates to me that something about the LaunchEC event handler isn't working properly.