cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure email alerts for all monitoring watches

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

We have a BO v4.1 running on Redhat Linux 6.5, the monitoring watchlist that came installed by default does not have alerts emailing enabled; the default setting is to send alerts only to administrator's inbox.

There are around 50 watches came installed (some watches are per node), I tried to read the administrator guide on how to set up the watches to send email to specific email accounts but I can't find mush information there. For each watch, there is a GUI (via CMC) to setup destination for sending email alert to the users in the administrators group, but it is a lot of work to have to go thru all the watches to click on boxes. Just wondering if there is a GUI (or command line or script) that can set up alert email for all watches?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank all for the replies.

yoavyahav2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you can try to achieve is setting up the monitoring universe which records information about metrics, probes and managed entities.

Once you set it, you can build some simple Webi reports that can centralize the monitoring data for you and can be scheduled daily (but not upon a real metric change).

If you build it with crystal reports you can trigger the reports upon data change (yes, it would be nice when SAP will add that great capability to Webi reports) or create some kind of an event trigger for scheduling based on an alert table you will create from the monitoring TREND_DETAILS table.

Personally I would settle for a couple of Web Intelligence reports which can simply use some conditional formatting based on the metric rules you defined in the monitoring console and run it upon request or schedule it twice a day, in the beginning and at the end of the day

Read here for further information about the monitoring universe:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Creating+BI4.0+Universe+for+Monitoring+Derby+Database+runn...

http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/blog/2015/02/12/deep-dive-into-the-bi-4x-monitoring-databas...

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is no tool currently to setup email alerts for all watches.