cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transformation File Validation Error

0 Kudos

Hello all

I have created a simple transformation file but when I try to validate, I get an error "Object reference set to an instance of object"

It is a simple 1:1 mapping with no additional logic or conversions and I am not sure why this error. My other transformation files validate successfully.

No short dumps were observed in the back end. The BW cube is having all the fields and the BPC model is having all the dimensions as shown here. I am loading data into this model from two BW cubes. One loads fine but here I am not able to move ahead.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu

I understand that there is no conversion but still the row with "*CONVERSION" should also be present whether you have conversions or not.

Could you please open your two transformation files and compare with each other?

0 Kudos

Hello

Sorry but what do you mean by row with conversion? I do not have any conversion.

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu

I am not asking you to perform any conversion but just asking if your transformation file is having row with *CONVERSION.

Check the screenshot below and confirm.

0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra

As I said earlier, I do not need any conversion in this load and hence not performing any conversion. I have therefore removed it from the file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishu,

You need that line in your transformation file, even though you don't use it.

Andy

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to keep that line even if there are no conversions. Just make sure it is there and validate again. See if the error persists.

0 Kudos

Thanks. The validation of the file is successful now.

Answers (0)