cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence of Package Link Fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BPC Friends,

I have a  package link that retract data from BPC to ECC and it runs six DMPs. Three of these DMPs export data for three different cube and I am using process chain (CPMB/EXPORT_TD_TO_APPL). The remaining three are trigger process chain (CPMB/TRIGGER_BE_CHAIN). The  package link is scheduled as per following sequence.

1- /CPMB/EXPORT_TD_TO_APPL (export data for cube 1)

2-/CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN (process chain A)

3-/CPMB/EXPORT_TD_TO_APPL (export data for cube 2)

4-/CPMB/TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN (process chain B)

5-/CPMB/EXPORT_TD_TO_APPL) (export data for cube 3)

6-/CPM /TRIGGER_BW_CHAIN (process chain C)

My problem is that if any of the above DMP in this package link fails, the next DMP does not start. So client what is that if any DMP fails, the next DMP should start running.

Kindly advice how can I achieve this.

Thanks,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone else has solution for this problem?

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Here is what you can do.

Execute your packages via the program UJD_TEST_PACKAGE and create respective variant. Please search the forum on how to create selection files to execute packages via this program. Now you have three options:

- Option 1: Create a process chain with each package to be executed in an individual step. When you connect previous step to the next step, in the process chain select "Always'. This will ensure that next step runs even if the preceding one has failed.

- Option 2: Put the programs for each package in parallel in the process chain

- Option 3: Create one process chain for each of these packages and then create a meta chain and call them in parallel.

The created process chain can be executed via DMP.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I have seen your all the threads, only one is closed.

In most of the cases you are not responding back. It is your responsibility to close the threads by assigning proper mark to help others if they have same issue , if you solved your problem close it else respond back.

Kindly close your old threads if queries are resolved 

How to close a discussion and why

The SCN Rules of Engagement

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

I did not get the kind of solution my clients were looking for when I posted these question. But thanks for bringing into my notice that most of my post  have not been closed.

To the best of my memory, I have given the correct feedback and closed all of them.

Thanks again,

Vijay

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

As standard system behavior if any presiding package fails, next DMP will not run.

Shrikant

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S. You may try to develop process chains in BW and trigger from BPC.

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jadhav, all these process chains are developed in BW and then triggered from BPC. But still the same problem.

Thanks,

Vijay

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If you want to run process chains irrespective of failure or success of previous,then create single process chain (1 to 6) by selecting Execute irrespective of success or failure of previous step.

Just trigger it from BPC using single DMP.

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

This is default behaviour of the Data Package Link.

All steps has to execute in order to start next step.

Try creating multiple links if there are independent packages.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant Vankudre