cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To differentiate "Rest day" and "day-off"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Currently, we have different kinds of period work schedule (over 30 work schedules), in which one or two day-off, 'OFF', daily work schedule is defined in each week.

Recently, user requests to differentiate the rest day, which is goverened by Hong Kong employment ordinance, from general day-off.  That is, the two day-off in each week is actually one rest day and one day-off.

In such a way, if a rest day falls witihn any period of annual leave, the rest day can be identified and calculation can be done accordingly.

We plan to change one of the 'OFF' daily work schedule to 'REST' to differentiate two kinds of day-off for all work schedules and modify all related programs.

I'm not sure if it is a correct approach to satisfy user's requirement and I'd like to seek advices from those with experience on similar requirements.  

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is perfectly valid to differentiate as proposed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i know, we can differntiate them with the help of Holiday class, DWS class and Day types explore those options.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you mean I should use the same DWS ?   Could you please elaborate ?

As the day-off and rest day is applied to different shift work pattern, that is, it does not depend on holiday nor day of week, is your suggestion applicable to it ?

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What am saying we will have to come to a conclusion on Weekly off's, Holidays, Rest days and Week days accordingly we can distinguish with the help of DWS class then accordingly we can use them while creating PWS and generating work schedule.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through below links as well.

The SCN Rules of Engagement

How to close a discussion and why

Regards

Venkatesh