cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PP business scenario.

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please let me share the ideas of how should we go about this process. We are using PP-PI process here.

We have two furnaces having identical in capacity and feeding of materials  X1 & X2, the final finished product would be coming through both X1 and X2. But we don't know from which furnace the FG material is coming through, ultimately we have been using one product from X1 and X2. How do we configure this scenario please share any thoughts, would be highly appreciable.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member244427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srini,

What is the actual requirement?

1. Is it to manage inventory separately for the output of these 2 furnaces...

For this there are 3 possible options Different output material, Different Output Batches, Different storage locations dedicated for each furnace.

2. To report production output of each furnace...

For this possible solutions could be Different order types, Update furnace number in the process order in a custom field or may be in Goods Recipient field in the process order. And use it for reporting in the standard production reports.

3. Manage capacity of each furnace separately...

Create different resources, different master recipe for each furnace and PV for each furnace.

OR you can choose a combination of above options to meet your business goal.

Regards

Abhishek 

0 Kudos

Hello,

My final Finished good would be coming out from both F1 and F2, as ex. Y, but we don't know from which furnace it is coming from. My questions are here

1. How do i make recipe/BOM for FG.? and

2. What qty i should maintain if semi finished good F1 and semi finished F2 materials.

Please share any ideas.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Some of them can be -

1.You can develop a Batch Management Logic ( Auto Batch Management ) where Identical Furnace No ( Furnace Number F1 , F2) will be included in the Batch Numbering .Even though same material is coming out of X1 and X2 from F1 and F2 after processing but Batch Number will differ .It needs a Auto Batch management enhancement at time MIGO or Manual Batch Creation using those furnace code  depending on your business process.

2.You can also create two different process order using F1 and F2 as resource in two different MR .Now while you create the Process Order , you have to maintain the Furnace No in any Process Order un-used field like Good Recipient , Unloading point etc as an tractability of the order  for the same product but two different input items based on furnace .At the same  time  in production reporting , you can look those field in COOISPI on Process Order , Qty , Batch and other details in header level .

Regards

JH

0 Kudos

Hello JH,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Here i forgot to mention we are not using batch management, since we are getting raw materials as a bulk from outside vendor.

Please share your thoughts in this case.

Thanks,

Srini

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think you have to manually enter the Furnace No in the each process order having input X1 and X2 .

If the order has component X1 , then enter the Furnace No F1 in Process Order Good Recipient /unloading point  field  in header  so that you can identify the  at least  in the Production report to trace the same product from different furnace .

We have the similar scenario where similar product comes out of using various  material .We have a Process Order Update program using BDC call of COR2 to update information like funnel number , throughout system  number , Remarks  etc in those field for may order collectively and later on those tracking information comes in COOISPI or any production report for tractability management .

Regards

JH

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The raw material need not be batch managed, but you can activate batch management for the outputs from furnaces X1 and X2.

This will be further fed into production, but you will have traceability from output of furnace.

Thanks

Prem