cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP TYPE - V1 ; Lot size Ex ; Future dependent requirements are clubbed to a single proposal

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm facing this issue wherein MRP type is V1, Lot size is Ex (lot for lot quantity), safety stock is 10 nos. The results in md04 is attached, my question is why is the future requirements being clubbed to the purchase requisition in the opening period. I need the system to propose the procurement date as and when it is required.

Regards,

Sriram

PS: Planning horizon is 100 days

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

V1 is a consumption based planning where reorder point is used as a reference to trigger procurement whenever stock level falls below this point. It also considers external requirement as per setting in MRP type (OMDQ).

As per standard settings, V1 is not supposed to consider order reservation too but I believe you have "Order reservation" selected in OMDQ. This allows dependent requirement from production order to be considered in procurement proposal creation.

In your case, for material E2, stock level is 0, reorder point is 50 & Safety Stock is 10. Considering only this, system should propose Pur req of 50 Qty (covering safetly stock too). Since "order reservarion" is selected in OMDQ, system also considers requirement of 203 quantity from production orders of material F2 and creates PR of 253 qty.

In my opinion, this is how system should behave if you have such settings in place for MRP type V1. As mentioned by Mauro, for individual proposals you need to have PD as MRP type. Reorder point planning will not give you individual PRs.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

When working with reorder point planning procedure (V*) the procurement proposals are created with delivery date = today + replenishment lead time.

Safety stock is also NOT considered as a requirement with reorder point planning - you should include the safety stock in the reorder point.

Consider using a STD MRP planning procedure (PD)  with safety stock instead of a reorder point planning procedure.

Safety stock will let you to create procurement proposals in advance with delivery date = requirement date.

ROP will generate proc proposal when the stock falls below ROP, delivery date = today+repl lead time.

ROP with EXT requirements (like V1) is halfway between the two.

Please reward if helpful.

Regards

Mauro

0 Kudos

Hi Mauro,

Regarding safety stock:

I tried giving reorder level lower than safety stock the system didn't accept.  So it looks like as per the screenshot attached (wherein: reorder level is 50 and safety stock 10) the reorder level is always inclusive of the safety stock.

Regarding scheduling of the proposal:

I had given 10 days as planned delivery time and replenishment lead time as 0. Though the requirement is on 10.08.2015 the receipt is shown on 17.08.2015. Doesn't make sense to me as even your formula is not matching with result.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need more detail to help you further, or at least try to:

- material master settings:

- details of the created purchae requisition ( PDT, GR TIME, RELEASE DATE, DELIVERY DATE)

- do you allow MRP to create proposals in the past? check the setting in nplant /MRP GROUP maste data

- which dates are you showing in MD04? availability date or GOODS RECEIPT DATE?

- which is the DATE = end of repl lead time displayed in MD04? you can check the same in the user settings

- do you use safety time?

regards

Mauro

0 Kudos

Thanks, much appreciated.

Need more detail to help you further, or at least try to:

- material master settings:

- details of the created purchae requisition ( PDT, GR TIME, RELEASE DATE, DELIVERY DATE)

PDT - 10 days, GR TIME - 0, RELEASE DATE - 04.08.2015 , DELIVERY DATE - 17.08.2015

- do you allow MRP to create proposals in the past? check the setting in nplant /MRP GROUP maste data

no it is not allowed at plant level and mrp group level, that explains the date 17.08.2015

- which dates are you showing in MD04? availability date or GOODS RECEIPT DATE?

GOODS RECEIPT DATE

- which is the DATE = end of repl lead time displayed in MD04? you can check the same in the user settings

End of replenishment lead time is shown as 17.08.2015 (10 working days = planned delivery time)

- do you use safety time?

NO i.e, it is 0

OK I'm happy with the scheduling of the proposal, but coming back to the main question why is there only a single procurement proposal being clubbed with the future requirements.

Regards,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so the scheduling is OK.

My feeling is that is not possible to change the "unique proposal" behavior when using REORDER POINT PLANNING.

If you need/want to create single proposals, you should use  MRP planning procedure.

I might be wrong, but this is what comes from my experience on the system.

regards

Mauro

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sriram,

Please check the rescheduling horizon for your plant using transaction OPPQ, it seems to be high as future requirement from Dec 2016 is also clubbed.

If the future requirements fall into the rescheduling horizon they would be clubbed.

Best Regards,

Ameya B.

0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

Rescheduling horizon : 100 days (in both plant level and mrp group level)

Planning horizon : 100 days (in both plant level and mrp group level)

For PD MRP types the mrp planned orders are shown as and when it is required. Rescheduling horizon is used as a time limit within which the system suggests for rescheduling, as far as i know it doesn't have anything to do with quantity of the proposal.

Thanks,

Sriram