cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPMFormattingsheet not working for Local Members created manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BPC experts,

Using BPC 10.0 SP20, I have an issue while applying EPMformattingsheet for specific local members in my report : it does not apply to local members. I have manually created my local members, which means that I did not use the "Active Local Member Recognition" in the Sheet options.

Here are the pictures about the LocalMember001 in the Report editor, in the EPMFormattingSheet and what the local member looks like in the Excel report :

1) LocalMember001 in Report Editor

2) EPMFormattingSheet

3) Local Member in the report

I refreshed the report several times, logged off/in then refreshed but the formatting does not apply to the local member. When I checked Local Member Default Format, the formatting works but I need specific formatting for several local members, not all of them. Therefore, it is probably the name of the local member that the EPMformattingsheet does not recognize.

I also noticed that if a local member is created with "Local Member Recognition", the EPMFormattingsheet is working but I have manually created 36 local members and I would not like to start over.

Anybody who knows what is the solution please ?

Thank you in advance,

Dat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dat,

No issues at least with EPM SP22. I have manually created the local member and successfully applied the format using formatting sheet.

Result:

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thank you for your reply.

I also tried to change the name of the local members and added it in the formatting but still nothing...

I hope there is somebody with the same version that could confirm if there is anything wrong.

Dat

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely strange...

And "I also noticed that if a local member is created with "Local Member Recognition"" - and if you change the name of the local member created with "Local Member Recognition"?

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have tested renaming of local member - also works fine!

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S.

"I hope there is somebody with the same version that could confirm if there is anything wrong."

Instead of waiting - temporary upgrade to SP22 and test!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tried by changing the name of a local member created automatically and the formatting works.

The issue therefore remains the same.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"I just tried by changing the name of a local member created automatically and the formatting works." - it means that you are doing something wrong!

Start with new file and new, simple report!

Manually create a single local member with the simple name like LM1.

Ensure that the local member is shown on the report.

Create formatting sheet and reference the report options to the sheet.

Ensure that the report is formatted

Set format for LM1 on the formatting sheet.

Test result.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I started from scratch with a new report but once again formatting a manually-created local member does not work... Check on these pictures (local member is called "LM1" where its description is "Test") :

First I only created the local member "LM1 Test" and tried to apply the formatting without success. Then I created another one through "Local Member Recognition" and that immediately works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think upgrading into SP22 is beyond my responsibility 😕 I don't really know how to temporarily upgrade though.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"I think upgrading into SP22 is beyond my responsibility 😕 I don't really know how to temporarily upgrade though." Ups

You can download SP22 from SAP site (but you need S-Id) or ask basis team to download it for you. Then you can upgrade your SP20 to SP22 (SP22 will be installed over SP20 like any windows application).

If you want to revert back from SP22 to SP20 - you simply uninstall EPM at all and then install EPM SP20! Easy?

Vadim