cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Composer => Search records on process context data

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm an absolute newbie to VC and I'm wondering if the following is possible:

From time to time we have a need to look back in the process logs in NWA to find out who create certain data (vendors, materials, customers,...).

Unlike in SAP ECC, this is tricky in NW and admin access is needed.

As an alternative I'm thinking of creating a simple VC report that takes just one field as input, let's say the material number. Based on this, the report should show some basic details of the material + the creator and the approver (all data that can be found in the process context).

I started playing around with VC and added the BPM_MY_PROCESSES_DS as data source. Afterwards I tried linking a form to the input side of this datasource, but the fields that are available are limited to general process fields. I can't find a way to access the context data.

Maybe what I'm trying to do isn't possible or not the best way?

Any experienced VC guru's that want to share their inputs?

Thanks in advance!

Erik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vasilis
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

the standard BPM data sources have generic information regarding the processes and the tasks. They do not include information of the context of each of your processes.

You must create your own reporting data source in your BPM process to store the information you want.

See this guide:

Regards,

Vasilis

0 Kudos

Hi Vasillis,

Many thanks - that is exactly what I was looking for!

Unfortunately I don't have access to development studio to test it myself, but at least I now know this can be done.

Best regards,

Erik

Answers (0)