cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic TO creation and bin update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have two questions in regarding a business scenario I'm designing and testing.

Is it possible to create a TO when the Production order is being released in CO02?

Is it possible to change the SOURCE storage type and bin location before a TO confirmation?

The scenario is basically, I need a way to create a TO during the production order releasing and it should a certain bin as source accordingly with its availability. This TO will not be confirmed right away. Instead, before executing a movement 261, the operator should be able to chage the bin location in the TO if needed and then the TO can be confirmed, moving the material physically.

Thanks

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your thread is not clear you need to provide few more information

what is this TO is this related to BOM or adhoc request from line side for component (since you mentioned COR2 then I hope this is related to BOM movement from warehouse to Line side) if yes then in the production profile you can make the setting to create the TO automatically (might be the PP consultant can help to understand this in detail)

why do you want to change the source storage type and bin at the time of confirmation, does this mean your picking strategy is not correct and system is suggesting some bin from where picking is

not possible if that is so then you need to focus on correcting your picking strategy

wrt your third point

Process flow for Production is

1) Create Process order / Release Process order

2) Create Transfer order against TR

3) Move the stock physically from system suggested physical bin location to Production line side
and confirm the Transfer order

4) Consumption posting at Line side which will reduce the stock using MvT 261

so if you will look the step 3 stock is already moved from physical bin location to line side and then operator at line side consume the stock. Could you please explain your business case in detail why you are planning to give the flexibility to the person responsible to change the source storage bin and operationally is he going to physically pick the stock from different storage type (other then the one suggested in TO) and then come back and resume the production process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer Kumar,

Yes, this is related to BOM.

Here is my business scenario more detailed.

-They want a certain bin as first option as priority for the picking process, so all my GRs goes to this DOCKWALL bin location.

-So during the production order releasing, I will need to set it up to pick first from DOCKWALL.

-If it occurs that the part number (serialized) is in a different bin location, the operator should be able to change the source, confirm the TO and then do the 261.

So according with your setp by step, for me should be like this

1) Create Process order / Release Process order

Program creates a planned order and production order automatically based on availability check (this process is ready)

2) Create Transfer order against TR

This is the part where I need the Prod. order above creating this TO during CO02. The source bin location should be the one as priority

3) Move the stock physically from system suggested physical bin location to Production line side
and confirm the Transfer order

During TO confirmation process, LT12 maybe. The operator changes the source bin if needed and confirm it

4) Consumption posting at Line side which will reduce the stock using MvT 261

GI is done based on production order from step one.

I hope this is more clear now. This is the best solution I found to work integrated with the whole solution they have.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So If I understood correctly then only in certain exception scenario only user will change the storage bin where picking is not suggested from DOCKWALL bin location

with standard SAP during TO confirmation if user decided to not to pick the stock from system suggest source bin then in that case he need to cancel the existing TO(LT115)  recreate a new TO in the foreground where he can enter the Source storage type / storage bin as per his choice.

or

if you are expecting the working do to this using RF then I can suggest to develop a custom RF transaction where  user will enter the production order and source storage bin  on the initial RF screen and your program logic should be in such a way that it should find the TR for the same Production order and then call the fm: L_TO_CREATE_TR and pass the value of LTAP-VLPLA from the initial screen (This is helpful only to create a new TO however still the old TO needs to be deleted using LT15 or you can develop a new RF transaction for that also)

In the first approach without any custom development you can manage on SAP GUI, in the second approach it is medium to complex development and you can achieve the same . You have both the option, choice is your

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like the second option, because it should be done automatically. I will do some testing here and see, because I was actually trying something similar, but when I was trying to create a new TO based on Productions Order's TR, it says the demand was fullfilled.

Thank you very much

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first you cancel the TO and then try to recreate that message won't appear

Logic behind is that once you create TO from TR status of TR gets updated as processed hence you are getting that message once you will cancel the TO status of TR will become not processed or partially processed based on scenario after this if you will try to create TO then system will check the status and will allow to create TO for the rest of the quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works Kumar. I was able to cancel the TO and create another one. Now I can use FMs such as L_TO_CANCEL, L_TO_CREATE_TR (you mentioned) and L_TO_CONFIRM to finish the solution.

Thank you very much for the information and advises

Antonio

Answers (0)