cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outsourcing of Assets/Equipment for Maintenance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The scenario is client want to outsource some of the maintenance activities to external vendors , all the Assets are in SAP and all the maintenance is carried out in SAP . There are different instances running in the client landscape with multiple languages and multiple time zone .

Now these external vendors already have their  EAM  systems ( non - SAP )  ,  in  which they will maintain the Assets.

Client want majority of the activities that will carried out in external systems to reflect back in SAP .

Has anyone come across this  scenario .  All  inputs , ideas are welcome  .

Regards.

Ajit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 2 different things need be considerd.

1) Functionally on what status the Data needs to be updated from the Vendor.

2) Technically BAPI, IDOC or file process can be used to update the Data in the SAP system.

Thanks,

Linganna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

No need to modify current process which already running in SAP.but for mapping NON SAP to SAP need to create interface and one Z-table which mapped with techinical objects on both side.Here you will capture all history which done by vendors.(Based on my experience)

Regards

Vivek Patil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek for reply.

Not sure what you mean by Ztable and "

.Here you will capture all history which done by vendors.(Based on my experience)"

Ztable is to be created to History ?

Regards

Ajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

I created Ztable with the help of technical team,just like a ALV report.so all data captured in it and we will download this report as a History as and when required.

Regards

Vivek Patil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit,

If the data is not online then we can use FTP server for data interface.

Upload the data from client server to ftp server using text format .This can be done based on the requireded frequency.Again same data can be uploaded to sap through Abap program with the help of bapi or BDC.We are using this scenario to transfer data from different systems..

Regards

Anand

anita_patil3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit;

I understand the requirement and considering it pl. propose following process:-

1) Design Contract process for vendor to assign the maintenance work to vendor. (MM part)

2) Need to maintain all technical objects with your client only because it is still its assets. (Use Client SAP PM)

3) Design all SAP PM scenario as externally sourced services.

4) The all order operations would be subcontracted to the vendor by default.

5)The rest PM process remain same but MM will bill vendor with reference to service contract.

6) To integrate client and vendor systems you can use EDI IDoc process. In fact need to connect transactions with  vendor  system like for notification, orders, confirmation and some mm Process as well.

I hope this will help you.

Regards;

Avinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash ,

Thanks for the suggestions.

The Assets will be handed over to the External vendors and its up to them how they perform the maintenance , we want the history of the their maintenance work back in SAP. Client dont want to modify their SAP process as it been running for many years.

Regards,

Ajit 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wouold Suggest that there is Integration is required from Vendor system to SAP system.

As and when the Vendor Completes each Operation,  on save  order in vendor system, the Data Needs to be replicated to SAP. So Need a Integration, use BAPIs or IDOCs to Replecat the Data.

~Linganna.

former_member190819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

Considering your scenario I would suggest the following approach with some of the trigger points.

In your landscape as of now maintenance orders planned and unplanned are being carried out .

Same equipments are being serviced repaired by multiple vendors.

Based on invoice details vendors are being paid.

Now to map this scenario could you initiate vendors’ involvement in repair process by notification or other medium

Option considering postings after the fact.

As soon as job completed upon receipt of invoice

1. Trigger maintenance order for the particular equipment
  2. Prerequisite :-Your system equipment and Vendor’s system equipments need to mapped
  3. Trigger PR , PO proceed
  4. Service entry sheet generation Invoice verification
  5. Pull all the possible data i.e. operations confirmations ,material issue to equipment and push to your maintenance orders
  6. Maintenance orders TECO / Close
  7. Vendor payment as per the payment terms and conditions

Various ways to automate this process can be brainstormed upon your exact requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul for the input .

Invoicing / PR / PO is not part of the scenario .

Regards,

Ajit

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajit,

Who manages the maintenance, i.e. does your company determine when the maintenance should be executed, and the vendor then carries out the work, or is the vendor responsible??

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete ,

its proposed that initially the vendors will follows maintenance as per client  process.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajit,

its proposed that initially the vendors will follows maintenance as per client  process.

So this means that means that the data needs to be in the clients SAP system in the form of orders and/or notifications.

If no costs are required to be collected, then you could use notifications ONLY/ However, if you do need to capture the costs then you will need orders.

You then need a method of getting these orders over to the vendor(s) so you will need some data in the order to trigger that data transfer - the obvious choice here would be to use partners.

Standard BAPIs (or copies of standard BAPIs) could then be used to transfer the data between client and vendor.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete ,

What I meant by "its proposed that initially the vendors will follows maintenance as per client  process."  is Assets will be handed over to the external vendors , and will be maintained in their non-SAP EAM system . Client want the maintenance details to reflect back to client SAP systems . we dont want real time interface with external vendor systems.

Regards

Ajit                 

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajit

What data do you need to take from the vendor and update into the client's SAP?

One option is for the vendor to export the order/notification data (possible via a file) and then import the vendor data into the clients system replicating the orders/notifications.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete ,

we are interested in maintenance order from vendor system. As there are two vendors with very distinct non SAP systems, how to bring the orders in client SAP systems, we want single interface for both the incoming Vendor systems.

Regards,

Ajit 

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajit,

I would start by creating the order types you require in YOUR SAP system.

You then have to decide which form of interfacing you will use e.g.:

• The vendor will use a BAPI to create/update the orders in your system (probably via BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN),
  • The vendor will send you a file from which you create/update the orders within SAP

Either way, there will be an element of data conversion required from vendor data format to SAP data format.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pete ,

Thanks for the suggestions , what kind of file format is to expected from vendors.I mean how to proceed with this order interface .

Is it possible to update maintenance plan is inactive state , as there is requirement for update plans in SAP .

Regards,

Ajit