Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy one text type to another in a single document

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, CRM gurus!

I need your help.

I have two text types that are assigned to my text determination procedure (text object CRM_ORDERH):

• Z001 (log text "P")
  • Z002 (normal text "_")

What do I want: when requester creates a new CRM document he fills Z001 text type. When he click on button SAVE all text from Z001 should be copied in Z002.

Is it possible to achieve without ABAP development?

BR, Artem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Artem,

not sure whether I have understand your requirement but there is a standard functionality of logging texts, which is similar to your requirement.

In your text determination procedure, you have to define one text type with Changes set to "P" and second text type with Changes set to "R". The P-type will always appear empty and editable, the R-type will contain history of P-type with username and timestamp and cannot be edited.

There are several standard procedures with this setup. This feature works quite reliably.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dawood.

artemzhegalin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, Dawood.

I'll try to explain my idea with some example.

As I said, I have two text types:

• Z001 (log text "P") that is saved to log after save and can't be edited;
  • Z002 (normal text "_") that can be edited at any time.

So when end-user creates some CRM document (incident or change request) - he has to enter some description using Z001 text type. Then he clicks SAVE and we have a text Z001 in our log. It is a standart behaviour of change type P and it's ok.

Now I wan't to give some other user (lets call him "processor") an opportunity to edit text that was entered by end-user. But at the same time I wan't to keep the original text from end-user in the log for history.

So that's why I need Z001 (original text from end-user) to be copied to Z002 (text that can be edited by processor).

BR,

Artem

anais_jaussaud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

We have kind of the same requirement but we have done it all in specific. Indeed, inside a same document, you canno't achieve the copy part,(or we did not manage to do it!) even when using acess sequence.

So we have maintained a customizing table with some entries like in your example Z001 => Z002.

When clicking on Save, our development team has made the copy part to the Z002.

Sorry can't give a more standard solution

Regards,

Anaïs

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Artem,

now I understand more technically but I do not see the use case clearly.

How do you want to handle the 2nd and other entries in the Z001? Should new logged entries be also appended to the Z002 or overwrite what was added by the processor? Or you want to do it only once, when the Z001 is first time entered?

I think simple copy could be done through access sequence and adding text determination event into table CRMV_EVENT_CUST.

But if you need a bit more sophisticated copy logic, then you have to do some development - either in the event handler or simply in BAdi ORDER_SAVE.

Regards,

Dawood.