cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding additional parameters in HTTP POST request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have a scenario in PI 7.31, the data coming from ECC needs to be uploaded into the Web application server using HTTP POST method as file.( No WSDL from Web Applicaiton server)

The target web application accepts the request with the parameters like name=uploadFile, Page=Uploadpage, Directory= PIFolder and destination=abc.

I am using HTTP adapter as receiver with HTTP transport protocol.

How to add these parameters to the HTTP POST request?

Where can I get the HTTP POST request details that is delivering from SAP PI to Web Server to validate the request?

thanks

Sridhar Goli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

AFAIK, you must make use of REST Adapters in this case, where you will find HTTP POST operation easily.

For detailed reference, kindly refer the below blog:

Kind Regards,

Souvik

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Souvik,

Correct me if i am wrong, i am not an expert with Rest adapter. The Rest architecture lets you to construct dynamically an URL, it's like to browse by internet and how the URLs are being generated dynamically inside a domain, talking generally.  But in this case the parameters are always the same, four.

I don't see why to use the Rest adapter, am i missing something?.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct Inaki. I am wrong here. I misinterpreted the initial post by just observing the HTTP POST operation. I didnt take time to read the entire post.

Sorry for that.

Kind Regards,

Souvik

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

According with suggestion you have an example here Dynamic Configuration of Some Communication Cha... | SCN

Regards.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

The HTTP URL parameters can be added by going to the HTTP CC -> Advanced -> Check ASMA (Adapter-Specific Message Attributes) and then check URL parameters. In your case, you'll be using URLParamOne until URLParamFour. Just enter the parameter name for example, URLParamOne should have a value of name. The actual value of name will be populated by using dynamic configuration.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for quick response.

I am not sure those are URL parameters, but they are part of HTTP Request Body.

Where can I see that HTTP request going from PI containing these parameters in PI 7.31?

Thanks

Sridhar Goli

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

They are part of the URL parameters. If you want it to be in the HTTP Body, you need to build it via Java mapping.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Here I am getting the following error when I tested with HTTP_AAE adapter.

But When I ping the channel in CC monitoring it showing successfully connected to target server.

So that I would like to see the actual request going from SAP PI.

how to get the request details going from PI?

When I use the SOAP adapter with HTTP protocol, it is showing success in CC monitoring. Due to unavailability of these parameters in the request it was failing at Web server. Even not able see the request details in their log also.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

To view the request coming out of PI you need to install XPI inspector once you have installed it, you can compare between a third-party request and the PI request.

Regards,

Mark

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Have you tried to use the IP instead of the name domain?, have you (or your basis team) test the connectivity with a telnet?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we tried that too.

The web server was configured in such a way that not to respond to telnet or ping commands.

So when we telnet from PI server it given no response from the web server.

Any how when we ping the channel in CC monitoring, it showing connection established successfully.

Thanks

Sridhar Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Yes we have XPI inspector also. I am going the logs but I couldn't find the PI request details.

May be I am not looking in the correct location of the request.

Where can I see the request details in XPI inspector tool.

Thanks

Sridhar Goli

former_member607993
Contributor