cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal Reminder mail not sent Post upgrade to 10

0 Kudos

Hello,

We upgraded from CLM 9 SP16 to CLM 10 SP06. Post upgrade it is seen that the deamon ODP_EVENT_CALENDER_EVENT is in error and no renewal reminder emails are sent. We have no custom code around this.

Has anyone encounterd such error.

Thanks,

Arahanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arahanth,

We had that issue as well, we've found out that you have to populate Supplier Contact field besides the mandatory Supplier field, which obviously does not make sense.

We've raised OSS ticket with SAP, I believe it's a bug.

Daniel

0 Kudos

hello Daniel,

Thanks for your quick response. I did an quick test and observed that mail will flow only if a supplier contact is avaialble. I firmly beleive that this adds no value and this is a bug. I have raised an OSS message with SAP.

Thanks,

Arahanth

0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Wanted to check if you got any resolution from SAP on this issue? Did they give you a note to correct? I also have raised an OSS message.

Thanks,

Arahanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arahanth,

it took long time to explain to them what the issue is. They now understand it and investigating. No update yet.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

SAP has now replied stating this is a defect. The fix is avaialble in CLM 10 SP07. We will have to think about a workaround now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's helpful. However our ticket is still in processed and the SAP support has not been able to replicate on their end..

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arahanth,

A workaround is not very complicated with some scripting skills:

• Scheduled Task (explicitly called script) executed every day after midnight.
  • the script will:
    • Call a custom query (previously created) that will fetch all MAs with reminder date 'today'
    • call the NotificationUtil to send the ESO_MA_RENEWAL_REMINDER_MSG
    • standard parameter list to be supplied:
      • EXPIRATION_DATE
      • DOCUMENT_DISCUSSIONS_URL
      • DOCUMENT_NAME
      • RENEWAL_REMINDER
      • OWNER_PHONE
      • OWNER_EMAIL
      • COMPANY_NAME
      • OWNER_FIRST_LAST_NAME
      • DOCUMENT_TYPE
      • DOCUMENT_URL
      • DOCUMENT_ID

Regards,

Bogdan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel and Arahanth if you want to give your ticket numbers I will make sure that both are marked as defects if they are the same issue. Thanks!

Nicole Fong

SAP Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole,

My ticket has already been marked as defect. THanks.!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bogdan,

We have a similar situation and I am following your post to create an explicitly called script. I have created the custom query. Need your help to proceed with the explicit script.

The standard mail message template used to send MA renewal reminder mail is the one with external id "system.ma.renewal.reminder". But I am not able to find a matching MailTypeEnumType in the iAPI documentation. So what value did you use in the NotificationUtil to send this mail? Or did you use the other sendNotification method that takes an Integer notificationType value? If yes what is the value of this constant for MA renewal reminder? Please help.

Thanks,

Gayathri

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were not able to call the standard MA renewal reminder email, however managed to implement the workaround given by Bogdan using a custom email template. Thank you Bogdan for your creative ideas!

- Gayathri

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri,

Glad you managed to implement a workaround.

To call the standard notification you should be able to fetch the renewal MailTypeEnumType by using:

mailType = new MailTypeEnumType(47);

Or use the integer method with 47 as parameter.

This enum type isn't listed in the API, but you can find it's code in the RefGuide. This is a dynamic enum so the JavaDoc will not list all of them unfortunately.

Regards,

Bogdan Toma